Author Topic: Stop. Making. My. Game. Crash.  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Honeycoin

• Dosh.
Stop. Making. My. Game. Crash.
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »
It's annoying! After 90 minutes or so since the game was launched, and I try to launch something that uses the HTML MOTDs, the fucking game crashes!
Are you using bits and pieces of that Pinion adware?

ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Stop. Making. My. Game. Crash.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »

http://saxtonhell.com/Home/About

Do you know if there any specific pages causing your game to crash? Any specific command you're using to open an HTML window that causes it? Valve's HTML UI control is horribly outdated and, to be honest, it's a miracle it even works in the first place.

Offline Honeycoin

• Dosh.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 03:08:28 am »
Some command I tried to use was !newpost (to read a new post out here). Others was to listen to the !radio.  It also crashes when it changes maps.

It also breaks when I try to !bp someone in Trading Hell.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:15:14 am by Honeycoin »

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:50:45 am »
Some command I tried to use was !newpost (to read a new post out here). Others was to listen to the !radio.  It also crashes when it changes maps.

It also breaks when I try to !bp someone in Trading Hell.
I know this has happened to some other people (myself included) before, and it's not because of our servers. Valve's HTML is broken and they haven't bothered to fix it, so opening up any webpage in the HTML will most likely crash your game.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Novaxzx

• It's a Featureā„¢
  • Full Admin
  • YOU'VE DINKLED MY BERRIES!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 08:22:01 pm »
It's annoying! After 90 minutes or so since the game was launched, and I try to launch something that uses the HTML MOTDs, the fucking game crashes!

ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
You can always disable MOTD under advanced settings, that should fix the crashes for now until valve releases a new version of their HTML. If you want to check a new post I recommend just opening chrome, firefox, or explorer(whichever you use) and go to the forums from there. If you're logged in it should highlight the forum thread in orange if something is new.
Berry Dinkler.

Offline Honeycoin

• Dosh.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:29 am »
If you aren't aware, visiting some other offshoot server with HTML MOTDs turned off will get you kicked off immediately or force you into spec unless you turn it on. Player hater much? I bet it's some of those other servers that use Pinion or that MOTDgd bullshit.