Author Topic: that "preferred loadout" topic.  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
that "preferred loadout" topic.
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:54:15 am »
you know, the kind of generic topic where everyone discusses thier preferred means of killing in TF2, along with reasons why.

Soldier
Black Box
Rightous Bison
Disciplinary Action

Black box is used for primary as a means to get heals, dish out damage, and even rocket jump away.
Rightous Bison as a backup weapon. sure, it's not hitscan, but at least when i have no rockets and i see someone heading my way i can still keep shooting and not have to worry about ammo.
Disciplinary Action because i'm also a perv a bit of speed never hurts, especially when you're beginning a round or you're out of rockets or low on HP, plus you get to share the speed. too bad scouts can't get the buff.

Demoman
Loch n' Load
Splendid Screen
Eyelander

Demoknighting, why you so awesome?
the Loch n' Load is what is used after Eyelander, only because half the time i can't hit shit with it... but when i do, it's usually worth it.
Splendid Screen because it's a bit of extra protection when i need it, plus i can ram into people and follow it up with an Eyelander hit.
Eyelander for the fact that it pairs well with a shield. i try to aim for at least one head with it for the sake of boosted hp and speed.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
Re: that "preferred loadout" topic.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:16:35 am »
Soldier
Strange default Launcher or original
Gunboats
Equalizer

Demoknight
V. Loch n' load
V. Charge n' targe
V. Eyelander

Scout
Scattergun
Crit-a-cola
Sandman

Engie
Pomf~son 69000
Pistol
Gunslinger

Offline shezeu

• 2Spookie4You
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:34:47 pm »
- Medic -
S. Crusader's Crossbow. Because healing far off teammates is good.
S. Medigun.
S. Ubersaw.

- Engineer -
Frontier Justice. Because Hale likes destroying my buildings.
Stock Pistol. I don't Wrangle often.
Southern Hospitality or Gunslinger. Just depends on the map and who the other Engies are.

- Soldier - *rare but sometimes like to*
Rocket Launcher.
Gunboats.
Equalizer, Disciplinary Action, or Half-Zatoichi.

- Pyro -
Flame Thrower.
Flare Gun.
Axtinguisher.

Offline RedFeatherEagle

• Full Admin
  • That one birdgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »
Soldier
-Stock Launcher
-Gunboats
-EQ
Why?
-Because that's how I play normally. I'm a jumper and a decent shot in most game modes. VSH is no different.

Engie
-(strange) Frontier Justice
-pistol
-(strange) wrench
Why?
-Because that's the way I roll. The crits are nice and counting sentry kills in normal play is ftw.
-in VSH I play with a Southern Hospitality for the bleed. Last second damage? Yep.

Medic
-Strange Syringe
-Strange Medigun
-Strange Ubersaw
Why?
-Stock + ubersaw = best
-VSH is crossbow because distance heals, and it out-heals the damage Hale can do if you're a quick shot.
Caw caw, motherfucker.

Offline Dangly Parts

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »
Strange Flamethrower
Shotgun
Postal Pummeler

Foster's Facade
Sight For Sore Eyes
Prancer's Pride
Till are quenched ~ Pepsi Convoy

Offline Tundric

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »
Pyro:
Festive Flamethrower - Lookin' good while barbequing, the manly way to do things. No real down sides, burn the heavier classes, and it airblasts the pesky scouts away from me.
Strange Reserve Shooter - Scout dodging all my fire? Simple, quickswitch and fire a few times. Done deal. I slay enemy pyros with this...
Strange Powerjack - I get to smash stuff, and I get health for it. Simple as that.

Scout:
Strange Soda-popper: Besides how awesome this gun looks, it's basically a force-a-nature with out the annoying kick. By itself, it does amazing, but with the crits that it gives you for running around a lot is just a 10 point bonus.
Strange Mad-Milk: Who needs medics? I just saturate my target with this, bounce around them, and shoot! Free health!
Sandman: Pesky soldiers and snipers, always trying to kill me from across the map :<. Simply aim above them, right click, and watch them get bonked!

Sniper:
Sydney Sleeper: Douse your enemies with humiliation from hundreds of yards away, humiliate them to such an extent they drop dead.
Strange Razorback: I never worry about turning around, in fact, I don't want to. Add to my backstabs blocked count, I don't care!
The shashanashashahsanaasha: Besides the rough name, this is the perfect melee weapon for the sniper. It looks menacing, and crits when you're below 50% health. Which really is a perk, regardless of the -25% damage done above 50% health. If an enemy is close enough for you to hit them, odds are you're below 50% health, so in the long run, it helps.