Author Topic: Moderators?  (Read 13498 times)

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
Moderators?
« on: July 04, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »
How about making a few players who are regularly online on the different servers moderators? These players would have kick, slay, and mute powers, so that they can handle smaller issues within the servers, without having to call in an admin, or if an admin is unavailable to help. Situations could include misbehaving/harassing players, AFK hales in maps without an afk slayer, and players that are ignoring rules and regulations that are minor in offense.

Basically a couple of individuals to give you admins a break to focus on larger stuff without having to worry about minor details and players acting up in the servers.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
Re: Moderators?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 06:55:54 pm »
I call zombies! (Since no donator/admin ever plays there)

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:07:18 pm »
Sounds good.
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:13:35 pm »
I nominate myself to be Master-Admin on all servers. 

I will accept nothing less than this.

I await your decision.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:02:50 am »

Offline Shae

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 04:09:34 am »

That feel when you know you ruined your chances of being an admin by posting in this thread.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 06:36:37 am »

That feel when you know you ruined your chances of being an admin by posting in this thread.

Don't worry, I have a plan in motion to secure both our positions as head Admins of all servers.  It's basically only a matter of time now.  And the best part is, Voidy is none the wiser.  Let's just say it involves me, him, 200 lbs of bacon grease, and a middle-aged Fillipino prostitute named Tran.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:45:01 am by 9mmpainpill »

Offline Friskywolf

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:29 am »

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 11:08:10 am »
sorry, but even though i frequent FF2, i'd rather not have any sort of power other than becoming the boss every now and then.

another note, i don't think this would work well on FF2 and VSH servers due to the "sacred cows" people call 'rules'. no, i'm not talking saxton hell's rules, i'm talking about the "no capping" and the rage related ones that go to the point you shouldn't rage anybody.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Mr. Gamebito

• i enjoy ponyhypocrites
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »
sorry, but even though i frequent FF2, i'd rather not have any sort of power other than becoming the boss every now and then.

another note, i don't think this would work well on FF2 and VSH servers due to the "sacred cows" people call 'rules'. no, i'm not talking saxton hell's rules, i'm talking about the "no capping" and the rage related ones that go to the point you shouldn't rage anybody.
Bleh. I hate people who bitch about people capping (and I seriously don't get when people rage about the survivors capping). It's a part of the game and you need to deal with it. .-. Same goes for raging on a single person (or anyone).
ain't nobody got time to make one kbi

Offline Mr. Gamebito

• i enjoy ponyhypocrites
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »
....and a middle-aged Fillipino prostitute named Tran.

For a second there, I had thought of Pinoy. Hehe
ain't nobody got time to make one kbi

Offline Shae

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 03:28:33 pm »
Shit, all I want to do is kick the afkers and mute the mic spammers really. They really get on my nerves sometimes especially when there's no admin around and its pointless to call in an admin since spamming is so minor of a rule. Id hate to bring in an admin for something simple like dealing with idiots singing on the mic.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »
In all honesty I think Donators should have the ability to call votes on the servers.  Mute/Gag/Slay options but not kick or ban or anything.  There isn't always an admin on but I haven't seen there be 0 donators on once I don't think.  At least not when the servers aren't almost empty.

It annoys the fuck out of me though having to call an admin to come into the server for mic spammers/time wasters. 

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »
>Giving donators power

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:57 am »
I've never had any good experiences with voting systems. They are always abused. If someone is mic spamming and an admin isn't on, mute them locally.