Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 129357 times)

Offline BLAKUboy

Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2013, 01:40:50 pm »
Did you change anything about that area between b1 and b2? And for the record, it happens to the paths to the old RED spawn too.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »
Did you change anything about that area between b1 and b2? And for the record, it happens to the paths to the old RED spawn too.

No, the final version of b1 - which worked fine for both Luve and myself - and b2 are the same map with the same music and nothing changed. For the record, I went back to b1 and recompiled it and it has the same problem so I've got no idea what the problem is at this point.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2013, 02:52:24 pm »
b1 doesn't have the problem for me. Weird.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2013, 08:54:52 pm »
Here's an updated version of lakeside.

Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6mymll130n3ll4/ph_lakeside_b3.bsp

Cfg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmg8n0wugdvkv3d/ph_lakeside_b3.cfg

Map fixes:

Fixed the bug with area portals in which the inside of the temple wouldn't render. It was caused by every area portal on the map aside from the ones in the temple. Go figure.

Changed the music buttons to .mp3 from .wav to cut down on map size.

Adjusted clip areas and positions of map props slightly.

Config fixes:

Added brown corrugated metal as a prop which was supposed to be in there from the start.

Reduced hunting time from 4:00 to 3:30; it seemed as if blue was winning quickly even in 6v6 last night.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2013, 09:13:34 pm »
Updated ph_lakeside_b2 to ph_lakeside_b3.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:34 am »
Hi again all,

I've noticed that headquarters has been played much much less lately and I think I might have come up with a way of revitalising it (even with the possibility of music buttons, but we'll get to that as and when).

Anyway, other prophunt servers have a map in rotation; Redquarters. I think this would be more appealing than headquarters considering that if you happen to be hiding and given a desk or chair etc, it's incredibly hard to hide, even impossible unless lucky since the map is completely blue. It's like trying to hide a tractor in a playground - not going to happen.
But I think this might be one of the main reasons the map is unpopular. Running is 'ok' when there aren't too many people playing since there are so many chokepoints where you can get 'boxed' in if you'll pardon the pun.
Not sure if the map is possible, but I think it would work, also if maybe the stairs in the thin corridors were removed in favour of open ramps in the main room e.g. the way of getting to CP in Well or the route to the balcony in Turbine.

(Thumbs up for the analogy there :P)

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »
People are still going to know red props from real red props, you know. Headquarters is a nice rape map.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07:36 pm »
Headquarters just needs to die. Maze too.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
Hi again all,

I've noticed that headquarters has been played much much less lately and I think I might have come up with a way of revitalising it (even with the possibility of music buttons, but we'll get to that as and when).

Anyway, other prophunt servers have a map in rotation; Redquarters. I think this would be more appealing than headquarters considering that if you happen to be hiding and given a desk or chair etc, it's incredibly hard to hide, even impossible unless lucky since the map is completely blue. It's like trying to hide a tractor in a playground - not going to happen.
But I think this might be one of the main reasons the map is unpopular. Running is 'ok' when there aren't too many people playing since there are so many chokepoints where you can get 'boxed' in if you'll pardon the pun.
Not sure if the map is possible, but I think it would work, also if maybe the stairs in the thin corridors were removed in favour of open ramps in the main room e.g. the way of getting to CP in Well or the route to the balcony in Turbine.

(Thumbs up for the analogy there :P)

Headquarters is CombatFetus's map, if you want those changes implemented you should add him and ask either for him to do it or for permission to change it. I can try to make some changes if he gives the go ahead; two of the biggest problems in my opinion are the height of the ceiling on the top level which hampers running quite a bit and the two sets of staircases as Marshii said.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »
For fucks sake, music buttons don't solve shit.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2013, 10:22:41 pm »
For fucks sake, music buttons don't solve shit.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2013, 07:06:48 pm »
Then you're retarded ,my friend.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2013, 07:09:30 pm »
Then you're retarded ,my friend.

I'm not sure how that answers my question either... But Marshii offered a bunch of other suggestions in his post besides simply the music buttons.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:13:45 pm by Shooter` »

Offline Marshii

« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:46 am »
Am I right in thinking that there was once a spooky canyon prop hunt map? For some reason I have some screenshots from it. Not sure if it was on another server, but I wondered if it might be an idea for consideration if it is a possible addition.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »
Am I right in thinking that there was once a spooky canyon prop hunt map? For some reason I have some screenshots from it. Not sure if it was on another server, but I wondered if it might be an idea for consideration if it is a possible addition.

I've looked over it before, and it is really dark. Not really a good map if you ask me.