Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 129274 times)

Offline Marshii

Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2013, 10:22:31 pm »
Oooh, I thought you were talking about the old manor_event, derp :P

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »
Lakeside is also a very well put together map. I really don't have any suggestions for it. Though it would seem like hell to run on.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »
Lakeside is also a very well put together map. I really don't have any suggestions for it. Though it would seem like hell to run on.

I actually just spent about 2 and a half hours with Enigma and Luve getting some new props added and some old ones moved around to make a few more spots as well as opening up a couple more areas so hiding is a bit easier. I'm working on getting the music buttons done and hopefully I can get the config file written up in time for lakeside to be released tonight.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »
I actually just spent about 2 and a half hours with Enigma and Luve getting some new props added and some old ones moved around to make a few more spots as well as opening up a couple more areas so hiding is a bit easier. I'm working on getting the music buttons done and hopefully I can get the config file written up in time for lakeside to be released tonight.

Feel free to add me on Steam and shoot me off a message to let me know when it's ready.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2013, 01:51:33 am »
Added ph_lakeside_b2 to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2013, 02:15:42 am »
Updated ph_manoroutside_a1 to ph_manoroutside_a2.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:26 am »
I don't want to be a 'party pooper' or anything, i just wish to point out a slight issue with new maps as above.

While I am all for new PH maps, I have my reservations with these as they are made by regulars or at least in part by regulars. And yes while others can easily learn maps, it just seems to give a bit of an advantage to their makers considering they are the much more proficient regulars on the server?

For future maps might I suggest that if regulars are involved in making them, a non-reg goes in afterwards and tweaks prop positions so that it's not like shuffling a deck of cards face up (if you get my analogy).

As a side note; thanks for new maps :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2013, 09:41:55 am »
I take it back, Lakeside is amazing to run on.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2013, 10:45:54 am »
Maybe Blaku but many of the doorways in Lakeside are completely glitching out for me 100% of the time, coupled with random invisible walls everywhere.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:17 am »
It doesn't really know if the creator knows where all props are, after maybe 2-3 plays I already learn the props :v
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2013, 11:17:44 am »
Minor issues, Marshii. The new maps are amazing.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2013, 12:02:46 pm »
^ Fair enough

On another note, might we consider changing the redstone map music from migraine-topia to

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »
Maybe Blaku but many of the doorways in Lakeside are completely glitching out for me 100% of the time, coupled with random invisible walls everywhere.

I'm getting this problem too and I have no idea why it's happening. After we played lakeside last night I ended up going to bed around 4:30 and left lakeside_b3 compiling while I slept but it has the same problem. I think I might delete the things causing the problem and hope it doesn't cause too many performance issues.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2013, 12:25:58 pm »
It happens to other maps too, they just usually fix themselves on round change. No clue what causes it.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2013, 01:27:38 pm »
It happens to other maps too, they just usually fix themselves on round change. No clue what causes it.

The problem is the area portals aren't rendering correctly. I went back to the first version and most of them work fine but the ones in the temple don't render the things on the other side of them at all when you look at them, which they should. Removing them causes an error that I have no idea how to fix and google isn't exactly helpful either.