Author Topic: Not sure if this is a glitch or intended  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Not sure if this is a glitch or intended
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:43:57 pm »
When I had the Cow Mangler, a zombie was able to steal it from me with Thieving. Is this intended or was that just a glitch?

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Not sure if this is a glitch or intended
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:49:25 pm »
That sounds like unintended behavior, as the cow mangler doesn't exactly have ammo so I suspect the plugin thinks you've run out of ammo and lets a zombie steal it.

What I wonder would be the best way to handle that though, since we'd probably want thieving to work on that weapon, but not have it be stolen right away.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:03 am »
Right now: automatically steals it in 1 hit.
Possible Fix: reduces ammo in clip before stealing without making it OP on every other weapon

most people don't commonly use thieving so personally I'd just switch to a different rocket launcher or class while there are theiving people about
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
Or you know, you could just fucking nerf Thieving to where it doesn't steal your weapon if the ammo is depleted. Steal ammo/uber/metal is good enough.
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 03:26:09 pm »
If it didn't take the weapon, it would be nothing more than a slight annoyance that any ammo pack could fix.  It would be stuck on crucial moments during a swarm, depleting their reserve ammo or uber.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY