Author Topic: Moderators in games  (Read 13765 times)

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
Moderators in games
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:20:19 pm »
I had an idea that maybe we could have moderators in the servers with access to commands such as kicking people, ending the round etc.

Ive noticed a LOT of people complaining about afk's, stallers, and friendlies.
I think a good solotion would to have someone who is a trusted and steady regular to some kind of moderator to help when the admins arent there or are too busy to help out.

The main person that comes to mind for the Freak Fortress server would be Rin Kaenbyou, but thats just a suggestion

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Moderators in games
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »
hey wat about me  :)

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »
Dont the admins hate you?
Along with a bunch of other haters?

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 02:30:20 pm »
yeah

Offline Nurse Flutterjerk

• Your going to LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:56:24 pm »
I'd monitor the deathrun run hell 1 or 2 servers.........

Offline shezeu

• 2Spookie4You
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:15:52 pm »
This has bad idea written all over it. If people are afk, stalling, being butt-buddies friendlies, etc then you need to let an Admin know.

If an admin isn't available then get a username, take screenshots, record a demo... aka get evidence of what they're doing (or not doing). Admins can't do anything about it if they don't know about it so you have to help them help you and other users.

Offline EvilTwin

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 03:39:43 pm »
how bout no

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »
I had an idea that maybe we could have moderators in the servers with access to commands such as kicking people, ending the round etc.

Ive noticed a LOT of people complaining about afk's, stallers, and friendlies.
I think a good solotion would to have someone who is a trusted and steady regular to some kind of moderator to help when the admins arent there or are too busy to help out.

The main person that comes to mind for the Freak Fortress server would be Rin Kaenbyou, but thats just a suggestion

If this complaint is specific to the FF2 server, the forum for it would have been a better place to post.

But my response, in a nutshell, is what Shezeu wrote:
This has bad idea written all over it. If people are afk, stalling, being butt-buddies friendlies, etc then you need to let an Admin know.

If an admin isn't available then get a username, take screenshots, record a demo... aka get evidence of what they're doing (or not doing). Admins can't do anything about it if they don't know about it so you have to help them help you and other users.

The deathrun server does not need moderators or an additional admin presence.

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »
No VoiDeD not just to Freak Fortress I just have been noticing that myself and others are annoyed by the constant problem, and getting an admin isnt so easy when they dont respond. I suppose taking a picture screenshot would work for afk's, but what about stallers?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »
No VoiDeD not just to Freak Fortress I just have been noticing that myself and others are annoyed by the constant problem, and getting an admin isnt so easy when they dont respond. I suppose taking a picture screenshot would work for afk's, but what about stallers?

What servers then?

Note, however, AFKs are automatically dealt with by the afk kicker plugin. As for stallers, record demos. If you're unfamiliar with how to do that, there are countless articles on the subject.

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »
The problem with a moderation system is that it is easily abused. What's to stop the mods from abusing their powers? If people don't report the people causing the problems in the first place then how can we expect them to report the mods.

Other servers have set up mod systems and they just generally lead to chaos. Rather than deal with all that, we just pick people we know and trust to help us administrate.

Also, it really isn't that hard to report people. All you have to do is message an admin or even just say admin in chat. We follow in-game chat through our irc system and can monitor the game while not currently on TF2.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 04:25:57 pm »
But even in the end if we did have moderators that were good, they still might not be around all the time.

Just as with the prop-hunt server, we have mods on there but ghosting can still happen.

In the end there is no real solution to being able to take care of every problem as it happens, but we can still punish these people for what they have done.

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 04:52:24 pm »
That would be Good I guess...

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »
What about a Kill Timer like in the deathrun? Ive been in the situation where I am denied my crits due to 2 afk players. That would help a little

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 06:12:19 pm »