Author Topic: Complaint: Auto chat ban  (Read 2424 times)

Offline CoolSpeedy

Complaint: Auto chat ban
« on: July 25, 2015, 09:25:01 pm »
I am pretty sure posts like this happen a lot, but I want to give my clear explaination why this is a bad addon to the server.

-People can mute others themselves.
-It feels like we do not have the freedom of speech.
-I did not know of this auto chat ban, got caught off guard without warnings.
-I love to speak with the other players on the server, why can't I over 30 minutes?
-I got auto chat banned when I was explaining to the other players about how to become premium to trade and there was a lot of things I was saying to make sure they had a clear look on what needs to be done.

Again, sorry for making this post if you get it a lot but I felt like I had to say something about this. If you really do not want to remove it or change it I can not change your mind any other way, It just feels overkill.

This happened when I was in the deathrun server. I love deathrun because I can talk with friends and more while playing a calm game. I know I can type, but why not speak through a mic? It feels like our freedom of speech is being taken away without warnings...

Offline LAZERâ„¢

Re: Complaint: Auto chat ban
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 12:10:12 am »
I am pretty sure posts like this happen a lot, but I want to give my clear explaination why this is a bad addon to the server.

-People can mute others themselves.
-I love to speak with the other players on the server, why can't I over 30 minutes?
-I got auto chat banned when I was explaining to the other players about how to become premium to trade and there was a lot of things I was saying to make sure they had a clear look on what needs to be done.

Again, sorry for making this post if you get it a lot but I felt like I had to say something about this. If you really do not want to remove it or change it I can not change your mind any other way, It just feels overkill.

This happened when I was in the deathrun server. I love deathrun because I can talk with friends and more while playing a calm game. I know I can type, but why not speak through a mic? It feels like our freedom of speech is being taken away without warnings...

Sorry to hear you were Auto Banned for the Mic Spam to my knowledge there can numerous of reasons the Console banned you.

If you would like to Protest your Ban, Protest Here

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Complaint: Auto chat ban
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 09:42:32 am »
This is technically correct. You have the privilege of speech when playing on our servers.

The auto ban system gives a warning in the chat 10 seconds before it actually performs the ban.

All in all, if you need to explain something lengthy over voice, do it with breaks of like 1-2 seconds and keep an eye on the warning message that appears in chat if you speak too long.