Poll

Remove vsh_dr_hell_b6 from the map rotation?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 24, 2013, 08:27:17 pm

Author Topic: Please remove vsh_dr_hell_b6 from the map rotation  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Please remove vsh_dr_hell_b6 from the map rotation
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »
Poll overview
>You may only vote once.
>Voters are allowed to change their vote at any time.
>Results will not be shown until the poll has expired.
>The poll is available for only five days and runs from 10/19/2013 to 10/24/2013

Map Overview

I would post under "Saxton Hell » Server Discussion » Deathrun Hell #1 & #2 » Map Rotation / Map Suggestions" to say why I would remove the map from rotation but I would rather have the general public take a vote and see what they think then to have my opinion dictate the removal.

So why is it that I want this map removed from rotation? Well the map has a very bright color hue of pure red. This I believe is intentional as it fits the theme of the map. Although I do get players every here and there who find that their eyes become strained trying to play the map.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185896563

The flickering effects in the tunnel here may also be a related problem.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185896601

Another reason is that the traps are extraneously big and the map (for the first large portion of it) is very wide open so the traps are fairly hard to avoid strategically. Poor map making in my opinion.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185896578

The alternate ended (Instead of instant win) sometime may not work and red team is forced to lose the round. I'd rather have the map removed then to have that fixed as its not much of a humiliation.

vsh_dr_hell_b6 is of the top five worst ratings with a rating of only 2.88 (current as of 10/19/2013)
http://stats.saxtonhell.com/Maps/View?type=dr&page=1

Other

A map similar to vsh_dr_hell_b6 is vsh_dr_tonnel_v2. Like Hell, Tonnel is a wide open map and the lighting is low but is not restricted to one very bright red color or any flickering effects that is harmful to certain peoples eyes. The map rating is also averaged at 3.04 for tonnel so it is only a little better then Hell.(Use this information if you wish to remove Tonnel along with Hell)

So why did I choose vsh_dr_hell_b6 specifically and not vsh_dr_badwater_fix? Well the average person who is not a regular of the Saxton Hell Deathrun #1 tends to vote a map based off of difficulty and not map design. Badwater has a moderate size with good lighting. (I thought Badwater is a bad map but after understanding deathrun maps a bit more I understand that is is only a difficult map and not a bad one. This could be the map for players who want a challenge from time to time.) Most players do not know of the !maprate command to change there opinions after getting to know the map more.

Other- How should you rate a map? Here is what I think of before I make a rating.
>Does it have a theme? {optional}
>Any bugs/glitches or exploits?
>Map layout (size and players ability to maneuver traps)
>Any miscellaneous options? (Map endings such as humiliation or minigames){optional}
>Traps (How they work and what exactly kills you)
>Unique features (rush doors on vsh_dr_office_v2){optional}

Never judge a map based on difficulty.

Have a counter suggestion? Post here and tell me why you think the map should stay! Do you also think the map should be removed? Help support my reasoning!
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Please remove vsh_dr_hell_b6 from the map rotation
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »
Another reason is that the traps are extraneously big and the map (for the first large portion of it) is very wide open so the traps are fairly hard to avoid strategically. Poor map making in my opinion.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185896578

Isn't Tonnel the same way?

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
Re: Please remove vsh_dr_hell_b6 from the map rotation
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:28:09 pm »
"Poll overview
>You may only vote once.
>Voters are allowed to change their vote at any time.
>Results will not be shown until the poll has expired.
>The poll is available for only five days and runs from 10/19/2013 to 10/24/2013"
you know that those are all things that the poll says itself right

anyways actual 2cents: you really shouldn't try to vote a map off because of it's color or flashing effects. if you have epilepsy or something similar and you're playing video games then you're pretty crazy.
but honestly the map is pretty dull anyways so w/e

e: also map rating shouldn't be taken into consideration. you have to remember people might just hit a button to make the thing go away. there are people out there who hit buttons other than 1 when a sudden vote comes up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:40:01 pm by crab »