Author Topic: Server Relocation (Fully completed!)  (Read 24710 times)

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Server Relocation (Fully completed!)
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2014, 02:14:42 pm »
Says I will get 56, I get my favorite number. 34

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:48 pm »
Don't have a date for that yet. It's going to involve a complete redesign so we can track play time on individual servers along with displaying that to everyone in some fashion.

All that layered on top of the fact that I'm drowning in classwork this semester...

Speaking of tracking playtime, will you include a point tracker that tracks the total amount of points you have scored [Scoreboard wise(Example:I score 84 points on Round A and score 93 on Round B, then close TF2. I would therefore have 177 points and be ranked #4 under another player with 198 points in total), not just the amount of people you've killed as Hale like game tracker does] in FF2 and a separate tracker for SH on the website? http://saxtonhell.com/Home/TopPlayers

The score tracker on gametracker seems to be unreliable, since it only knows you by your name, not by your steam ID(In other words, doesn't give you your points if you change your name), unlike your top players scoreboard on this website.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:47:32 pm by LEON35 »

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2014, 11:16:29 pm »
Speaking of tracking playtime, will you include a point tracker that tracks the total amount of points you have scored [Scoreboard wise(Example:I score 84 points on Round A and score 93 on Round B, then close TF2. I would therefore have 177 points and be ranked #4 under another player with 198 points in total), not just the amount of people you've killed as Hale like game tracker does] in FF2 and a separate tracker for SH on the website? http://saxtonhell.com/Home/TopPlayers

The score tracker on gametracker seems to be unreliable, since it only knows you by your name, not by your steam ID(In other words, doesn't give you your points if you change your name), unlike your top players scoreboard on this website.

If you look at http://stats.saxtonhell.com/ there is a button for VSH stats faded out with "COMING SOMEDAY™" over it, so presumably something like that was planned but never completed (I also noticed the prophunt server has working stats but no web page). Hopefully once Voided's classes are done for this semester he will have more time to work on stuff like that.

Edit: Apparently jump stats are still a WIP too by the looks of that page
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:19:43 pm by Calcium »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:41 pm »
Prophunt stats are here: http://www.gamingmasters.org/prophunt/index.php?page=players

As for stats for anything else, the jump server's speedrun stats are currently the only thing that's on the horizon.

Offline LEON35

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 12:31:12 am »
Prophunt stats are here: http://www.gamingmasters.org/prophunt/index.php?page=players

As for stats for anything else, the jump server's speedrun stats are currently the only thing that's on the horizon.

voidy pls

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 11:03:07 am »
Y is it, since I got banned for 6 months and during that 6 months the stats got reset and I'm on my current rank before I got banned

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 11:05:48 am »
If you look at http://stats.saxtonhell.com/ there is a button for VSH stats faded out with "COMING SOMEDAY™" over it, so presumably something like that was planned but never completed
hello

Offline Calcium

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 01:51:21 pm »
hello

>mid 2013
>expecting me to remember (or go back and read) threads from that long ago.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 02:15:46 pm »
i'm just pointing it out
i never said i expected anything from you

Offline LEON35

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2014, 06:57:05 pm »
How many signatures for the VSH/FF2 damage leaderboards petition voidy

also it seems like vsh/ff2 is more popular than jump hell
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:06:15 pm by LEON35 »

Offline Calcium

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2014, 07:22:22 pm »
i'm just pointing it out
i never said i expected anything from you

You better not expect anything from me (anything of value at least :P).

Offline Pan-Kaike

• Get off my lawn.
  • Full Admin
  • YOU'VE JOSTLED MY SPRINKLES!
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2014, 11:13:56 am »
That may actually bring back the regulars whining about the move. Relay killed the video game stars. </BadMusicPun>

I personally haven't been on because I hate the new response time (and the new Borderlands has been out).

I'm chalking up the lower regular turnout to fall game releases right now as I'm guilty of that myself.
~Kai

Offline LEON35

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »
That may actually bring back the regulars whining about the move. Relay killed the video game stars. </BadMusicPun>

I personally haven't been on because I hate the new response time (and the new Borderlands has been out).

I'm chalking up the lower regular turnout to fall game releases right now as I'm guilty of that myself.
~Kai

tfw I havent even finished the BL2 main story and I brought the goty edition

More regulars = more competition = more amusement for me

Offline demonspork

• I AM A PANCAKE
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2014, 12:26:25 pm »
I am actually pulling out completely, including my donor status, because of this server move. The first blow to my ping was me moving from a decent sized city to a more rural location, that took my ping from 15ms to 30-40ms. This server move then took my ping all the way up to 70ms. The lowest ping I have seen is 65ms. Before I started looking for this post I was starting to do network diagnostics, rebooting everything, testing my router, all that jazz.

It has been a good run, but I think I must start looking for a new dodgeball server. 70ms ping has resulted in making this gamemode nearly unplayable for me. It took me months to get used to 30ms, 70ms is hurting badly.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2014, 03:29:46 pm »
I am actually pulling out completely, including my donor status, because of this server move. The first blow to my ping was me moving from a decent sized city to a more rural location, that took my ping from 15ms to 30-40ms. This server move then took my ping all the way up to 70ms. The lowest ping I have seen is 65ms. Before I started looking for this post I was starting to do network diagnostics, rebooting everything, testing my router, all that jazz.

It has been a good run, but I think I must start looking for a new dodgeball server. 70ms ping has resulted in making this gamemode nearly unplayable for me. It took me months to get used to 30ms, 70ms is hurting badly.

U kidding? anything under 100 isn't even bad, elitefag

it's like people complaining their game is running at 60fps instead of 120, theres essentially no difference, then youtube cuts it to 30 anyways

my ping is 15% worse and the server is closer to me than before, think im gonna quit just cuz of that? no
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:31:48 pm by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY