Author Topic: I have no idea what this is... But I thought I'd report it anyways.  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
A few players seemed to be able to re-spawn after they died by using !spawn, which I'm assuming they are not supposed to be able to do as no one else seemed to be able to do it and they are not (as far as I know) admins.

Unfortunately the whole thing happened too quickly for me to make a demo of what happened, but I did manage to capture some of it with Fraps.

I also took a screen shot the output of the status command (I attached it to this post).

Note: weirdman201 (STEAM_0:0:43984704) did this several times. Not just the one time in this video. (Someone also said he had done this in the previous map, but I didn't actually see it happen)

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: I have no idea what this is... But I thought I'd report it anyways.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:15:13 pm »
just wow,and yes i notice it it should really be a ban the person is cheating by respawning again when its not on ff2 with summon hales, i say yes to this ban

Offline Reborn_Up

• SUPER TURBO ADMIN (jk)
  • Can I be admin ? I wanna quit TF2
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »
oh you caught me doing the spawn glitch!!!! Well Voided can't fix it because it is an Valve Exploit. Also if voidy tries to fix it there will be many more exploits within that :ooo
No

Offline Calcium

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:39:33 pm »
oh you caught me doing the spawn glitch!!!! Well Voided can't fix it because it is an Valve Exploit. Also if voidy tries to fix it there will be many more exploits within that :ooo

Well if that's true, then that would explain it. Another one of valve's hidden "features". Either way, I think that there needs to be a rule about abusing such exploits, as this kind of thing creates an unfair advantage to those who know how to use them.

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:43:55 pm »

"Exploits are not welcome here"
lel get rek reborn bannu

• Venus Power
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:26:20 am »
wait that was u reborn

Offline Reborn_Up

• SUPER TURBO ADMIN (jk)
  • Can I be admin ? I wanna quit TF2
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:58 pm »
ye it was me and i taught many people how to do the trick 8))) like bo and i got the trick from pr0 haxr on utubez
No

• Venus Power
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:32:31 am »
ye it was me and i taught many people how to do the trick 8))) like bo and i got the trick from pr0 haxr on utubez
u and ur damn pro haxor skills

Offline Calcium

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 05:50:29 pm »
I just did some research on the glitch, and I guess that I didn't fully understand what it exactly was when I first saw it. It does seem harmless because it only gives you a later spawn time, and not a second life.

As the title of this thread implies, I had no idea what I was even looking at, so I thought I'd report it. I only placed it in the ban request section as it seemed to be the only place on the forums to report suspicious behavior that I could find. I did try to make contact with the admins to ask about it but they were all offline at the time.

So now that the issue seems to be resolved (unless an admin wishes to make a statement), I think we can safely
/thread