Author Topic: Aconian bug/problem  (Read 2991 times)

Offline DMG

Aconian bug/problem
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:42:49 pm »
At the beginning of Aconian, when Hale picks a color and the door opens for the players to fall through, apparently you can sit around as Hale and not choose/open the door. We were forced to sit in the spawn room, until Motivator came and killed us all.

Awhile ago, I thought Aconian had something already that would pick a random color if Hale was AFK or did not choose. I dunno if this was taken out, if it broke, etc but it was really dumb to have a round where Hale *willingly* did not pick a color and forced us to lose. I know something was put in place for Hale's that didn't pick a door on the train/corridor trap, so it seems shitty there's not a better system at spawn.

So yeah, fix that shit yo

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:50:39 pm by DMG »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Aconian bug/problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:42:54 pm »
Sounds like one of those ~random~ things that happen. The map should be selecting a doorway if hale doesn't.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »
I fully believe the second set of Hale's choice doors should be automatic at the start of the round.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline DMG

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:39:08 pm »
I've seen the color be picked at random for Hale players that are AFK (so I figured the same would happen that round). This guy wasn't afk, just blatantly refused to pick a color and we died. I'm hoping that isn't abusable.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »
From what I can tell the one time it forced me to pick, it's just a suction thing. It's probably easy to counter with simple movements. Two fixes, one easy and one theoretically easy but I don't know shit about code. Easy one is put a killzone on the room Hale starts in after maybe 20-30 seconds or something. Theoretically easy one is have a trigger that selects a color without Hale having to be sucked into it. This one can also be at round start or can wait about 5-10 seconds.
Voidy would have to test how abuseable this issue is first though.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 05:43:46 pm »
If people are able to reproduce this bug and somehow continue to manage to make the map not choose a door, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it, because for now this just sounds like a rare issue.

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 11:01:22 pm »
Last version of the map....

The area where Hale must choose a door to determine if players must advance through a hallway with a light or a train tunnel was fixed in the current version. Just saying.

If people are able to reproduce this bug and somehow continue to manage to make the map not choose a door, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it, because for now this just sounds like a rare issue.

Current version of the map knowen as vsh_dr_aconian_final2

Too my understanding at least... This is not a rare issue. Fairly common bug as I'v been through the problem myself much too often. I just thought this was a feature and not a map bug.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3