Author Topic: SOME unusual hat effects cannot be seen to other users?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Propane

SOME unusual hat effects cannot be seen to other users?
« on: September 07, 2013, 05:27:56 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I want to bring it up. SOME unusual hats don't seem to work and users don't see the effects. I'm not sure about other servers, I'll test those soon and report back here. I believe this glitch only affects donators, but I'm not sure. I'm a donator and no one can see any of my unusual hat's effects. Maybe this could be looked into? Thank you.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: SOME unusual hat effects cannot be seen to other users?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:29:24 pm »
Side effect of the tail plugin. Nothing can be done about that.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 05:30:44 pm »
Is it also the tails and stuff that make objects just float in place around the map and you see itemless soldiers and demomen everywhere?
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Propane

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 05:36:53 pm »
I'm glad you know the source of the issue. This may be asking a bit much, but some donators (such as myself) don't use the tail feature at all. Maybe you could implement a way so we could completely disable the tail feature so we can see our unusual effects? I mean, maybe add an extra menu when you send !tail in the chat. The first menu will ask "Would you like to enable the tail feature?". If the user select yes, it'll lead them to the current tail attachment system. If they say no, it'll disable that particular feature of a donator and fix the unusual problem for those who don't care for attachables.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 05:41:45 pm »
Is it also the tails and stuff that make objects just float in place around the map and you see itemless soldiers and demomen everywhere?

That's part Valve and part our ghost plugin.

If a ghost boo's, their items will float in the air. There's also a bug that Valve introduced a long time ago where items will just randomly be floating in places.

I'm glad you know the source of the issue. This may be asking a bit much, but some donators (such as myself) don't use the tail feature at all. Maybe you could implement a way so we could completely disable the tail feature so we can see our unusual effects? I mean, maybe add an extra menu when you send !tail in the chat. The first menu will ask "Would you like to enable the tail feature?". If the user select yes, it'll lead them to the current tail attachment system. If they say no, it'll disable that particular feature of a donator and fix the unusual problem for those who don't care for attachables.

There's no easy solution for this. The plugin does some decision logic very early when a client initially connects to the server, and introducing a case where a donator wants to temporarily disable tails would require some significant refactoring of the code.

Offline Propane

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 05:51:04 pm »
There's no easy solution for this. The plugin does some decision logic very early when a client initially connects to the server, and introducing a case where a donator wants to temporarily disable tails would require some significant refactoring of the code.
Alright, perhaps this could be a project for the future? Thank you.

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 09:46:54 am »
For me it is on and off. Sometimes even the paint on my gibus wouldnt show.

But for my unusual, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:58:08 am »
did my sex coneffti show up when ever i went demo