Author Topic: The New Beta Steam Community Market  (Read 6642 times)

Offline Ghost PGD

• Sydney Sleeper Sniper. Deal with it.
The New Beta Steam Community Market
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »
I won't get really mad because it's a beta, but REALLY, only putting one use items on the market, and apparently there are idiots selling keys, strange parts, and paints below the store price, so go buy those there now. Why are people doing this, it's going to inflate the economy into a crash.

If you are putting something like this here, make more items available like dueling games and weapons. And hats. How could they not include HATS.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
Re: The New Beta Steam Community Market
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:29:46 pm »
Why are they idiots? They're just trying to make a profit.
And who cares about the tf2 economy?
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »
I wouldn't call them idiots -- people have been selling keys for as low as $1.25 via Paypal for quite a while.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »
Yea, the price of keys has been way below the mann co store value for years. That's why people donating to us with items need to donate 4 keys, we're at the mercy of the USD market price.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:57:02 pm »
I'm a dummy at economics when its late at night

and pretty much all the time
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:13:06 pm by jay50jay »
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 11:07:13 pm »
I like the market, since now people without credit cards (cough 17- cough) can get steam funds more easier  ;)

But, the question is, what will happen to the tf2 ingame shop...

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 11:35:47 pm »
You gotta realize, they're just testing the waters. I'm really excited for this, it could eliminate the gray market of Paypal all together. That said, with keys going for $1.25, there is no reason to buy keys from the store. I'm sure Valve doesn't like that. It makes me wonder if they'll simply make it so the prices have to be equal or above to prices on the Mann Co. Store. If they do, I'd imagine people would default back to the gray market. I suppose that only time can tell.

The grey market won't go away unless

a) they allow unusual trades
AND
b) it doesn't all have to go to steam funds.

If I decide to cash out I sure don't want $1500 in steam funds. I'm sure there's plenty of other people who feel the same way.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:37:31 pm »
TF2 store will always make da big bux

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:16:20 am »
Also, there's new Naughty and Nice Keys, so peeps gonna have to buy from store
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »
You gotta realize, they're just testing the waters. I'm really excited for this, it could eliminate the gray market of Paypal all together. That said, with keys going for $1.25, there is no reason to buy keys from the store. I'm sure Valve doesn't like that. It makes me wonder if they'll simply make it so the prices have to be equal or above to prices on the Mann Co. Store. If they do, I'd imagine people would default back to the gray market. I suppose that only time can tell.

That's not how it works. Keys only come from the Mann Co. Store, so Valve still makes $2.50 for every key purchase. Now with the market, they make an additional 15% off of every key resold on the market. They only stand to profit.

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »
That's not how it works. Keys only come from the Mann Co. Store, so Valve still makes $2.50 for every key purchase. Now with the market, they make an additional 15% off of every key resold on the market. They only stand to profit.
supersoldier in ekonomicz!
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(