Author Topic: okay so i'm really curious about why pushing isn't removed  (Read 11703 times)

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
I saw this already, but what I'm wondering is why pushing is only removed on mario. There's no real reason to keep it in because it's only used as a means of griefing. In fact, every reason why pushing is removed on mario can be used as an argument on 90% of other maps. You already have the plug-in, it shouldn't take more than five minutes to put it on every other map*. I just want to know the reason why pushing is still in place on other maps.

Please don't say "Learn to control your character," because I know how to.

*I have no real programming experience so this is just a guess

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: okay so i'm really curious about why pushing isn't removed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:22:38 pm »
The response in that thread is the same response I'll give this thread. Pushing is an added challenge that we don't have any plans to remove. The only reason it was removed in mario was because the first two platforms were exceptionally abusable by players. If it were possible, I'd have only disabled pushing for players in that particular section of the map, and had it enabled for the rest.

Offline crab

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:36:57 pm »
challenge
difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.

It's not really a challenge by definition. People constantly complain and whine about how they die because they get pushed. It's more annoying/redundant than challenging.
Plus, there's more tight areas, specifically the catwalk on one of those minecraft maps, that could really use an anti-push.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:45:36 pm by crab »

Offline Teddy

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »
You want the truth? you're just bad, I'm having no difficulties with people pushing, I take it easy, it happens rarely to me anyway, it happens 2 times a day or 1 but doesn't bother me, you just need to use your keyboard properly, crouch all the time be careful, use your own way to prevent pushing, not jumping like an idiot while others do and get pushed in mid air or something like that...
You may seem smart but you're not!

Offline crab

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 02:50:36 pm »
You want the truth? you're just bad, I'm having no difficulties with people pushing, I take it easy, it happens rarely to me anyway, it happens 2 times a day or 1 but doesn't bother me, you just need to use your keyboard properly, crouch all the time be careful, use your own way to prevent pushing, not jumping like an idiot while others do and get pushed in mid air or something like that...
People constantly complain and whine about how they die because they get pushed
I don't speak for myself when I say this.

e: I've still not gotten reason for why it's not redundant. I'd like to thank you for proving me right, teddy: "I'm doing all this shit specifically to avoid pushing."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:06:18 pm by crab »

Offline Teddy

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 03:15:32 pm »
I'm not going to argue, this discussion is over for me, and don't start telling me "umad" or some crap like that, I just don't argue with not intelligent people
You may seem smart but you're not!

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 03:16:42 pm »

Offline crab

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 03:16:51 pm »
I'm not going to argue, this discussion is over for me, and don't start telling me "umad" or some crap like that, I just don't argue with not intelligent people
the fuck

okay whatever thanks for your support

Offline Viper

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 03:23:06 pm »
I know right. Crab is so not intelligent. Don't argue with not intelligent people.
ΒΌ of my heart remains.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 03:34:15 pm »
I don't speak for myself when I say this.

Then why bother? There will always be bad players. What I always experience on deathrun is seeing players get pushed off and die in obvious ways, especially during jumping. However, if I had been in their place, I would simply have airstrafed and it wouldn't have been an issue.

What you have to keep in mind is that the challenge isn't only just to make it difficult for runners, it's to give the hale an additional advantage. It is exceptionally difficult for hale to win in almost all deathrun maps, and removing pushing would simply make it even more difficult.

Offline crab

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 03:55:40 pm »
Then why bother?
Because nobody wants to take the initiative to make a forum account, since in the past these people were not taken seriously because they're "new."

What I always experience on deathrun is seeing players get pushed off and die in obvious ways, especially during jumping.
So you don't want to do anything about it?

What you have to keep in mind is that the challenge isn't only just to make it difficult for runners, it's to give the hale an additional advantage.  It is exceptionally difficult for hale to win in almost all deathrun maps, and removing pushing would simply make it even more difficult.
I see the runners lose almost all the time. What maps does hale constantly lose on? (Maps with less than 10 traps don't count.)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »
So you don't want to do anything about it?
Correct.

I see the runners lose almost all the time. What maps does hale constantly lose on? (Maps with less than 10 traps don't count.)
Essentially any map that isn't tonnel. There are a couple other maps that are long enough to give hales a chance, but most will still fall victim to rushers or people who can effectively fake their jumps.

I find it more important to prioritize the frustration of hales over runners, as when you're hale you're under a lot of pressure and are effectively under the spotlight to perform well. Failing as a runner (by being pushed or otherwise) isn't as disappointing as failing to catch runners as hale.

Edit: With this, on my todolist has been a feature that would make hale entirely invisible to the running team, so that on maps without a solid barrier the runners won't have the advantage of knowing which trap he's at.

Offline crab

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »
Failing as a runner (by being pushed or otherwise) isn't as disappointing as failing to catch runners as hale.
I don't care if I get killed by a trap, but being pushed is just awful because it means I didn't even get a chance.

With this, on my todolist has been a feature that would make hale entirely invisible to the running team, so that on maps without a solid barrier the runners won't have the advantage of knowing which trap he's at.
cool

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »
I don't care if I get killed by a trap, but being pushed is just awful because it means I didn't even get a chance.
voidy already said no so why you complaining?

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 06:34:40 pm »
Close this before there are more fights!

And think about it, people die anyways. If you get pushed, go cry about it, and come back next round. Not a huge deal.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?