Author Topic: Server Suggestions  (Read 7545 times)

Offline Marshii

Server Suggestions
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:09:00 pm »
Hio,

I'm not sure whether you guys are looking to start a new server or not or even if this would be liked as a suggestion for a server, but I thought about the possibility of a Smash Bros server or even a Game-Mode server. Again, I'm not sure if this has been tried and/or removed in the past, but I may as well get the idea out there for consideration. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Marshii.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Server Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »
Hio,

I'm not sure whether you guys are looking to start a new server or not or even if this would be liked as a suggestion for a server, but I thought about the possibility of a Smash Bros server or even a Game-Mode server. Again, I'm not sure if this has been tried and/or removed in the past, but I may as well get the idea out there for consideration. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Marshii.
Voidy's atm has no room for any more servers to fit, so he can't add any more servers. Besides, there's a lot more servers that have been in demand that are in the "possible if we get another server list" (I.e. Surf, The Hidden, etc.)

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:07:06 pm »
(I.e. Surf, The Hidden, etc.)

Fair enough about the server demand, however my thought was with things like the hidden, these are all game modes which can feature in game-mode madness.

Anywho, was just an idea :P

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »
Fair enough about the server demand, however my thought was with things like the hidden, these are all game modes which can feature in game-mode madness.

Anywho, was just an idea :P
That does spark an idea in my head though. Why don't we take the less-popular servers (Zombie, Randomizer, and Fortwars) and put them into one server on a rotation? That would make sense imo, but I don't know if other people would agree with me.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard

Offline Loc Rocker

• Full Admin
  • Yo!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:36:07 am »
That does spark an idea in my head though. Why don't we take the less-popular servers (Zombie, Randomizer, and Fortwars) and put them into one server on a rotation? That would make sense imo, but I don't know if other people would agree with me.

I agree. Or at the very least we free up one server and have all suggested game modes on rotation. That way, feedback can dictate which ones move into a server of their own, which of the less popular ones stay in rotation, and which game modes are discarded all-together.  8)

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 02:39:33 pm »
The problem with putting multiple game modes on a single server is the plugins necessary to get that game mode to work might conflict with other plugins from a different game mode. It sounds like it would be a bit of a mess to try and put several different game modes on a single server.

There is also the problem of people complaining that their favorite game server was merged with something they never play. It doesn't sound like a good idea no matter how you pitch it.

Offline crab

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 03:32:18 pm »
The problem with putting multiple game modes on a single server is the plugins necessary to get that game mode to work might conflict with other plugins from a different game mode.
slag did exactly this, it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »
slag did exactly this, it shouldn't be a problem.
Doesn't Slag also run different versions (or custom versions) of gamemodes?
What if Slag had to rewrite their badgamemodes in order to get them to work?
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline crab

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »
no

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »
No, they change some things, but that's just for balance, like every other server.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?