Author Topic: Removing Kakariko  (Read 20835 times)

Offline Clownophobia

• Ignorance isn't the thing - the way you seek is
Re: Removing Kakariko
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 11:02:13 am »
If you think that's the only map where you can try to learn surviving with your scout, then you either aren't playing the mod right or just not playing it well.

I know there are other maps where you can learn surviving but aren't we talking about Kaka? And I can admit it that I might not be the best one to play on PHH but atleast I'm trying my best.
~ Clowny ~

Offline Marshii

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:13 am »
Generally speaking, prophunt isn't a mod that requires teamwork. People want to get the most points or kill the most props. Sure, you get a couple of friends here and there who work together, or the occasional person who'll shout out a prop is heading towards the cp, but otherwise it's not a mod that needs teamwork by any means. And if you have to get a whole team together to bring down a single prop, well then yes, there are issues with that map.

Surely if it's the last prop the whole team should be working together, especially if they are a good runner? Generally on Kaka the last prop isn't an issue unless they are a regular with running abilities :P

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »
Surely if it's the last prop the whole team should be working together, especially if they are a good runner? Generally on Kaka the last prop isn't an issue unless they are a regular with running abilities :P

Not necessarily. Just because everyone is chasing/looking for the same prop doesn't mean they're working together. You'll have 5 people running after the prop with flares, some people trying to camp the cp or a random health pack, and perhaps some newish people still unaware of where the prop is. Working together would have one or two people camping the cp, one person at each health pack, some people at designated areas in case that prop heads that way, etc., etc. And this can apply to any map, not just Kaka.
So, yeah, working together and doing seperate things are fairly different. And the majority of people want that last kill for themselves and aren't going to want to work as a team.

Offline Austone

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 02:43:56 am »
Removing Kakariko would be one of the best things to happen on this server.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 11:30:22 am »
Would you guys be opposed to me tweaking the map some, providing the original maker is no longer around or doesn't want to or something?

Offline Marshii

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 01:39:16 pm »
Sounds good to me, though I honestly don't see what needs editing with it.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »
Which is why I'd like to get your guys' opinions on what to change, if anything. Removing/editing health packs (even changing some to medium/full), editing props, etc. I think I'd like to add some sort of door or move Blu starting spots some so they can't see red while hiding. Definitely want opinions before fiddling around with it.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 04:59:26 pm »
Which is why I'd like to get your guys' opinions on what to change, if anything. Removing/editing health packs (even changing some to medium/full), editing props, etc. I think I'd like to add some sort of door or move Blu starting spots some so they can't see red while hiding. Definitely want opinions before fiddling around with it.
turn it into ph_oasis_a1
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »
BLU spawn already has doors.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 05:23:04 pm »
But the problem with Kaka is that it's just made for running, not hiding. Taking away the healthpacks will really just make it not really good for anything.

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 05:39:00 pm »

Make a statue of yourself in the center.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »
there is nothing that can be done about kakariko to make it a good map. it was originally a vsh map, of course it's not going to work on ph, and it shouldn't have been put on the server in the first place
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 06:10:21 pm »
Personally the only thing I can see which could make it a little more interesting is changing the heights of the buildings so that it is either not possible or extremely difficult to jump to adjacent buildings, this might mean putting some form of stairs/ramp/pile of props for access, but honestly, my vote is leave as is.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 06:12:21 pm »
Eh, it was worth a shot. Guess I'd rather spend the time making my own map, anyways. :P

Make a statue of yourself in the center.
We'd need a statue of Goats to make kaka perfect. :P

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 07:27:10 pm »
Make a pirate dock map!! With a pirate ship and everything! And water that kills you!