Author Topic: Removing Kakariko  (Read 20837 times)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Removing Kakariko
« on: April 20, 2013, 08:43:12 pm »
Anybody else? Same reason its been removed on other servers in the past: too big, way too much time, clears out servers.

Offline milligraham

Re: Removing Kakariko
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »
Personally I love the map. Yes it's big and the round times are very long, but there are reasons why many people, including myself like it. I used to really dislike kakariko until I realized that it is easily one of the funnest maps for rocket jumping and for running as a prop. Kakariko is probably one of the better maps for both of these playstyles even though it is a lot different than most prop hunt maps. As for the idea of clearing out servers I would have to disagree. Of course there are people who hate the map, but lots of people enjoy kakariko. It definitely doesnt have the server clearing ability that cyberpunk and medieval have.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »
Tru, bofa cyber n medieval suck more. Even tearin that map up like I did, still not a fan of kaka. Kaka means shit.

Offline Dr.PanCakes

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »
How bout no!, He awn da roof.

Offline Kayoh

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:24:16 pm »
I personally like the map. It's wide open, and ideal for running around, but at the same still has plenty of places to hide so it isn't just a running map. The only complaint about it I might have is it has a LOT of health spawns, and in such a prop can run near infinitely if they know when and where to jump, but besides that, I really like it.

Edit: Typo'd. Oops.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:04:23 am by Kayoh »

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 12:05:17 am »
Kakariko is fun.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:54 am »
PLESE REDE <<<<<<<<
ALMOST EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM IS A REGULAR AND THEY ARE BIASED BECAUSE THEY :
1. ARE NOOBS
2. ARE SCRUBS
3. THEY LIKE BAD MAPS
4. THEY ALL ROCKET JUMP, SO OF COURSE THEY LIKE A MAP WHERE THEY CAN JUMP AROUND
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 04:47:03 am »
i am in favour of removing kakariko
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »
I am also of the opinion of removing Kakriko.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 04:31:30 pm »
I like kakariko but I think the round times are too long.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 04:57:26 am »
I think that Kakariko is good and it should be left in, it encourages many play styles, a range of classes and a variety of running routes and temporary hiding spots. With a worked out path through the map I can usually have it covered within half of the round time though, I think maybe 30s to a minute off the timer would be good. Many times the last prop is left with 2 minutes to survive :P
The only class I can think of which is at a disadvantage in Kaka is the Engie unless you have a really competent engie since all they will do is run around shotgunning as support and unlike the other classes they don't really have all the many routes up on to the rooftops whereas Demos have stickies, Soldiers have jumps and pyros have flying. Snipers I think are similar in this regard, but if you get a skilled sniper they can tear that place up.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 11:24:46 am »
I like kakariko but I think the round times are too long.

60 seconds off that timer would be helpful.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 01:38:16 pm »
Alright, but consider this: you remove 30sec - 1min of time, and now props definitely are winning all the time.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »
Removing 30 seconds: No difference.

Removing 1 minute: Maybe props win too much now. It can be tuned.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »
I think the biggest issue is the sheer amount of health packs that allow props to be able run around and survive as long as they do. The longer time does make it so props will be found at some point, but if you're left with one or two people who know where to run, it can take the entire round to finish them off. Even if you do try to cut a prop off, there's bound to be two or three other health packs in the general area, making it a bit more unpredictable. Whether or not this was the map maker's intention, I do not know.

It's not a bad map, but these two things put together (time & health packs) just kinda ruin it. Maybe if anyone knows the map maker, see if they could revise the map a bit?