Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 115311 times)

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:23 pm »
Alrighty, finally got down and reworked manoroutside based on your guys' feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0500soxs1ihkie/ManorGroundsA3.rar

Changes:
~Renamed from ph_manoroutside to ph_manorgrounds (sounds nicer if you ask me)
~Removed the graveyard area and part of the area to the left of Blu spawn
~Blocked the small shed area
~Moved Red spawn
~Changed music files from .wav to .mp3 for smaller map size
~Added a few more props around the map to make up for removing some from the list that were from the graveyard
~I've heard there's some ghosts that don't quite like their Australium to be touched....

Let me know what you guys think of these updates. I'll rework the map again if the majority of you don't like something. :)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »
Updated ph_manoroutside_a2 to ph_manorgrounds_a3.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2013, 12:52:15 pm »
Glaceon asked me to post this his view on Cyberpunk, since he currently can't.

"Cyber is bad. I only suggested it because people wanted it, the map needs more than a few places fixed, it needs to be redone completely."

Offline Marshii

« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2013, 04:02:03 pm »
Props win 76.5% of the time, that's ridiculous and that's not a close-call kinda win either. Its "I've been chillin up on tha roof watching everybody below, not moving an inch the entire time" kinda win.

Pretty much the same can be said for Clifface, except while that map doesn't need as much work as cyber, it's win/loss for props/hunters is even more ridiculous, upwards of 80%.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2013, 05:46:11 pm »
Pretty much the same can be said for Clifface, except while that map doesn't need as much work as cyber, it's win/loss for props/hunters is even more ridiculous, upwards of 80%.

Sawmill has upwards of an 80% win rate for props too and most people think the map is fine. While I do think Cliff Face needs some work, it's nowhere as bad a cyberpunk. Also, Cargo (arguably the most played map on this server), Range, and Otherside all have prop win rate of over 80%.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2013, 10:40:19 am »
remove every map ever made
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2013, 03:57:12 pm »
Cargo, Cyberfuck, and Cliffface are all justifiably removable. Cliffface isn't a bad map, only there's too much ground to cover in the time allotted (same with the others). Cyberfuck is too narrow on the ground, and too open on the rooftops. The only chance

Sawmill is a legitimately well-made map, however the last version opened up some rooms, etc that requires more searching and an entire Blu team that knows wtf they're doing. That extra ground really gave an advantage to props because there are more places to cover but not the adjusted the extra time. That being said, these maps won't improve just by adding time. The time limit is long enough to where the rounds are just fuckin boring as shit. Much like kakariko, and remember that kaka means shit.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2013, 12:44:56 pm »
Who has the rights to Brawl? Playing that earlier just made me realise how big it is, may I recommend closing off the basement area and the small tunnels around the edges of the map? There is too much ground to cover for a team of average hunters unless the server is full.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2013, 01:05:08 pm »
Brawl is just a bad map. So big, so open, so little health. Absolute hell for runners.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »
maybe you could hide
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »
Since when has hiding worked?

Who has the rights to Brawl? Playing that earlier just made me realise how big it is, may I recommend closing off the basement area and the small tunnels around the edges of the map? There is too much ground to cover for a team of average hunters unless the server is full.

Have you tried searching old posts on the GM forums? Brawl has been around longer than I have, although I don't think it's particularly big unless you get caught chasing a prop for a long time. I can search the whole thing over on the SourceOP server fairly easily and that server doesn't have speed boosts.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2013, 03:50:33 pm »
I, too, generally have little problems with the size of Brawl. I can cover most, if not all, of the map pretty easily myself, unless I start going after a prop, like Shooter said.

And I honestly quite like bigger maps, personally.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2013, 08:23:39 pm »
Shooter and Luve said it, I'll say it again: the size is fine. Its easy to track down props, though yes if you're with a useless team it might be a lot to cover. This used to be the favorite map back in the Alpha Omega server days. If there absolutely HAS to be a change, we could go back to the health pack discussion of a small health kit on both red and blu-stacked storage containers.

But isn't surviving part of the challenge? Why does everybody expect survival to be a given, with loads of health packs and easy "hiding spots," even though we all know that "hiding spots" never work?

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2013, 11:56:40 pm »
But isn't surviving part of the challenge? Why does everybody expect survival to be a given, with loads of health packs and easy "hiding spots," even though we all know that "hiding spots" never work?

I'm pretty sure it started when ranks were added. The fact that there's a K/D ratio stat tracked means there must be some way to avoid dying even if it seems impossible with 10+ speed boosted pyro flocking after you at times. Lots of people like easy win maps like cargo and redstone and (arguably) cyberpunk but not many people (myself included) like smaler maps like Feud or HQ or Maze.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »
to be honest i dont like small maps that much, I go for tha usual sizes like medium lumberyard, mountain, etc.