Author Topic: 24/7 Manor/Redstone/Hotel/Cargo/Kakariko Hell  (Read 9722 times)

Offline Shooter`

24/7 Manor/Redstone/Hotel/Cargo/Kakariko Hell
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:40:49 pm »
Suggestion: Increase the time maps cannot be played to 5 hours from 2 hours 30 minutes.

Reason: The title.

I understand that this will cause people to collectively pick their 10 favorite maps instead of 5-6 and mainly play those but 10 is better than 5, right?

P.S. The new prop list for Redstone almost makes the map bearable. If only someone could widen some of the areas and generally de-clutter the map.

P.S.S. Are you running a plugin that prevents people from having a blank name? That ruins a good deal of fun. :(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:28:56 am by Shooter` »

Offline Weeaboo

Re: 24/7 Manor/Redstone/Hotel/Cargo/Kakariko Hell
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 05:38:21 am »
But Redstone is a fun map! :c

Offline Marshii

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:28:41 am »
I don't think there is an issue with the map list or timings, if people see a map that they havent played in a while on the vote roster they are likely to pick it because it's fresh.
I also think that Redstone is fine as it is, I like the way the tiny props were removed but I do not see the issue of 'clutter' - it simply makes it a more interesting map than most when it comes to running or hunting for that matter.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:08:26 am »
Not really, no. People like certain maps, and therefore generally those maps get nominated and picked whenever they can. I haven't played on many of the better maps in quite some time, even when I go to nominate them for the incoming F1 spam. But when we have a bunch of players who know what the maps are, and someone else nominates any of them, it doesn't matter where the nomination is. Especially Cargo. I'm getting sick of playing it /every/ time it comes into nomination. Not that it's a bad map, but there are other maps, too, people.

And Redstone is really just a clutterfuck. I rarely actually play it, don't care to learn it.

But, anyways, I would like to see more maps being played than just the ones that are. Most other mods have plenty of maps that have a bunch of enjoyable maps that prevents this problem, whereas Prophunt doesn't. And I thought it was there has to be a certain number of maps played in between nominating/playing the same map? Actually not sure on that.

Offline Codyray1

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:18:54 am »
I have to agree, I like some of the maps, but it gets old when they're all that's played. Hell, I'm sure that despite my many hours on Prophunt Hell there are still a few maps I've yet to play.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 01:13:39 pm »
And I thought it was there has to be a certain number of maps played in between nominating/playing the same map? Actually not sure on that.

Yup, that's how it works. Currently 5 maps have to be played before a map that was played can be nominated or played again.

Offline Permony

• Bambina~
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »
Have to agree on the cycle of overplayed maps. Not only does it make things boring for those who play constantly, but it essentially ruins the "surprise" element, y'know?
Everyone knows where everyone else hides, and the game changes from hide and seek to "see who can kill everyone the fastest and garner the most points".

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 02:09:07 pm »
Especially Cargo. I'm getting sick of playing it /every/ time it comes into nomination. Not that it's a bad map, but there are other maps, too, people.

And Redstone is really just a clutterfuck. I rarely actually play it, don't care to learn it.

Jeah quotes of tha century. Its true though, I've been sayin Shitstone is just terrible for years though, and unfortunately it tends to stay despite all the shitty props. Sounds like SH took them out though. You could always extend the minimum number of maps to be played to 6, or something. Keep in mind, if you wanna play YOUR map and not the same X number of maps, just remember to nominate instead of whining.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »
You forgot the Oasis/Switcheroo/Mountain.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
You forgot the Oasis/Switcheroo/Mountain.

Oasis isn't as over played as it was before kakariko and manor were added. I could have added switcheroo but I was only going off the top of my head and it escaped me. Mountain is becoming more overplayed but I don't think it's quite there yet.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 08:23:19 pm »
Kakariko is terrible and has been taken off most PH servers in PH history. My favorite is when the clock starts at the same time for both hunters AND props.

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 01:53:48 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure who voted to bring Kakariko back but there was a reason it was scrapped in the first place - there's nowhere to hide, it's too open to realistically escape from any hunters on your tail, as well as the occasional glitch like box said.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 05:20:42 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure who voted to bring Kakariko back but there was a reason it was scrapped in the first place - there's nowhere to hide, it's too open to realistically escape from any hunters on your tail, as well as the occasional glitch like box said.

I've never encountered the glitches but I quite like kakariko. It's much like farm feud and maze in that I get to kill everything, and it's still not too bad as a prop but that might just be because I haven't played with anyone really good on it yet. Great for flare practice too.

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »
I get to kill everything
That's my point.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »