Author Topic: Possible donator adds  (Read 8944 times)

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
Possible donator adds
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:55:25 am »
A couple of new features I would like to see added across the different servers are:

Colored text not just in trade

Removal of ad-hoc connections for non-donators. Apparently -anyone- can use the ad-hoc to get into the server, full or not.

A sound use limit, this one may sound silly, but some of the younger donators find it necessary to spam sounds for several minutes because they have the ability too, I think a cap on the actual usage per map would be something nice to see

Instead of having to use the /d feature for chat, adding a donator tab to the chat box, that blocks out regular channel chat, and only lets you see other donator chat

Nomination power, this again may sound silly, but it bugs me that we are forced to play on maps like trollrun and office constantly because they are automatically brought up into vote or nominated by many of the younger generation who play the server, I would like to see a donator vote get a higher priority so it will be less likely we play on these maps, and more likely to play on uncommon maps.

Across server chat for donators, if someone is in trade, I think being able to talk to them through the donator chat would be useful instead of having to log into the server to talk about things

I think that is all I have for now, I will keep you updated if more comes up
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Possible donator adds
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:20:07 am »
Colored text not just in trade

I think colored chat is incredibly distracting and annoying. I don't want to add it to other servers.

Removal of ad-hoc connections for non-donators. Apparently -anyone- can use the ad-hoc to get into the server, full or not.

That shouldn't be the case. The reserve slot plugin will kick any non-donator who connects to a reserve slot.

A sound use limit, this one may sound silly, but some of the younger donators find it necessary to spam sounds for several minutes because they have the ability too, I think a cap on the actual usage per map would be something nice to see

This is something I've been thinking about of doing for a while. I'm aware that people abuse the sounds and I'd like to do something about it. For the time being, reporting the people who are overdoing it would be great.

Instead of having to use the /d feature for chat, adding a donator tab to the chat box, that blocks out regular channel chat, and only lets you see other donator chat

This isn't possible.

Nomination power, this again may sound silly, but it bugs me that we are forced to play on maps like trollrun and office constantly because they are automatically brought up into vote or nominated by many of the younger generation who play the server, I would like to see a donator vote get a higher priority so it will be less likely we play on these maps, and more likely to play on uncommon maps.

I'll consider this.

Across server chat for donators, if someone is in trade, I think being able to talk to them through the donator chat would be useful instead of having to log into the server to talk about things

I like the idea of this, as long as it's a opt-in feature. Cross server chat could become very annoying with 12 servers. I'll see if I can find a plugin I can modify to suit our needs.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:31:56 am »
I like the idea of this, as long as it's a opt-in feature. Cross server chat could become very annoying with 12 servers. I'll see if I can find a plugin I can modify to suit our needs.

such things do exist, though so far as i know, either in LUA (GMOD only) or hopefully in full fledged format meant for source servers.
i wouldn't mind non-donors also using this as well, as an opt-in feature, but donors have a donor-only version as well.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:17 am »

such things do exist, though so far as i know, either in LUA (GMOD only) or hopefully in full fledged format meant for source servers.
i wouldn't mind non-donors also using this as well, as an opt-in feature, but donors have a donor-only version as well.

Yea, I'm sure such a thing exists for TF2, but as the case is with most plugins: some authors are smoking crack when writing them, and I tend to rewrite their plugins because I'm unhappy with features/functionality/etc.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:48:50 pm »
time for some cross server chat
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »
time to turn off cross server chat

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »
But.. I've been going here for a long time and I like office. :(
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:38 pm »
But.. I've been going here for a long time and I like office. :(
I doubt this

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »
I doubt this

I doubt you doubting this.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline GHOST

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »
I thank good it on one server

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 08:06:40 pm »
Ty Good

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
wat
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 08:46:04 pm »
wat
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 01:57:15 am »
New ideas

1. Not sure if this is entirely possible, but we can all mute a player, how about having an option to completely block out a players chat in game? (Doesn't have to be donator only, but can be used as an incentive to purchase it, seeing as players can be quite annoying spamming stuff)

2. Running stats for the FF, VSH, and DR servers, telling you how many wins you have as hale, how many times you got the killing shot on hale, how many times you have beat hale, how many times you have survived on DR, and how many times you physically won on DR, and top players statwise on the server.

3. Browser side raffle/donation option, so that we can donate rare/valuable items or put them up for a raffle, or even an auction within the saxton hale server or website. (This also doesn't have to be donator only)

4. Micro/Macro text (For shits and giggles, or practical use on the trading server)

5. Queue point bonus, in case we really want to be hale on a particular map or use a particular hale before the sets change, let donators have an option to raise their queue by 50 points once per map or an allotted time.

6. Private messaging between donators/regular players, so that you and someone in specific can exchange conversation without having other people but in, or having to add them to your friends list etc.

Thats all I got for now
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 08:58:39 am »
1. Not sure if this is entirely possible, but we can all mute a player, how about having an option to completely block out a players chat in game? (Doesn't have to be donator only, but can be used as an incentive to purchase it, seeing as players can be quite annoying spamming stuff)
A possible addition could be a votegag also, since people who are muted usually like to resort to chat spam.

2. Running stats for the FF, VSH, and DR servers, telling you how many wins you have as hale, how many times you got the killing shot on hale, how many times you have beat hale, how many times you have survived on DR, and how many times you physically won on DR, and top players statwise on the server.
Eh, I'm not that big into those affairs so I won't talk about it.

3. Browser side raffle/donation option, so that we can donate rare/valuable items or put them up for a raffle, or even an auction within the saxton hale server or website. (This also doesn't have to be donator only)
Isn't that what we already have, where you can give an admin an item and they raffle it off the website?

4. Micro/Macro text (For shits and giggles, or practical use on the trading server)
In my personal opinion, this can be quite annoying. If you have micro/macro text, players can spam it so you can't finish reading what you read in the chat box. Also, I don't think it's possible to alter the size of the text in the TF2 chat box.

5. Queue point bonus, in case we really want to be hale on a particular map or use a particular hale before the sets change, let donators have an option to raise their queue by 50 points once per map or an allotted time.
I don't know about this one. It seems like it can give the user an unfair advantage and a "pay to play" mindset since someone is about to go and a group of donors jump in front of them in queue and they have to wait for their turn on the next map.

6. Private messaging between donators/regular players, so that you and someone in specific can exchange conversation without having other people but in, or having to add them to your friends list etc.
This would be nice to have since players don't usually look at the chat box. If you have a special pop-up for them, it could grab their attention a lot more.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 10:37:57 am »

Blocking chat of muted players is a wishlist feature of our chattools plugin, but it's definitely going to be available to everyone. Someday™.

Soon*.
* Where soon is defined as Someday™.

Not something that's possible.

This goes against our no significant donator gameplay advantages creed.

Along with cross server chat, this could also be a future wishlist feature.