Poll

Should we add Bushwacka/Melee Jumping in Prophunt?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Bushwacka Jumping  (Read 11771 times)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
Bushwacka Jumping
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »
Hey guys! I just wanted to know some thoughts and ideas/concerns about adding some mobility to everyone's favorite Australian outback... homeless man.

Anyways, there's this awesome thing on jump, vsh, and freak fortress where a sniper can basically melee a wall to be propelled a little upward. Of course in PH it would still do the self damage and everything, but would allow you to get around a little better to get those nasty props.

So whatcha say?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:46:18 am by HipsterGlaceon »

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: Bushwacka Jumping
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 12:40:34 am »
Sounds like legalized explotation

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:42:15 am »
Sounds like legalized explotation

care to elaborate?

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 06:30:43 am »
sniper is a novelty class, he doesn't need a buff. why let him have added mobility when the heavy, engi and medic dont?
if you want mobility, play pyro, soldier or demo. that's how the gamemode was made to be played (although not really soldier or demo, but they're ok)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:34:17 am by MrEskimoMan »
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »
sniper is a novelty class, he doesn't need a buff. why let him have added mobility when the heavy, engi and medic dont?
if you want mobility, play pyro, soldier or demo. that's how the gamemode was made to be played (although not really soldier or demo, but they're ok)

If the problem is other classes not having the mobility I'm sure we could get melee jumping on all of the other classes mentioned above.

I personally wouldn't mind my ubersaw letting me climb.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 09:32:43 am »
Why not set gravity to 0 then everyone can float to the super high spots free of damage as an added bonus?

Sniper has been fine up until now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. As said, it's a novelty class.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »
Why not set gravity to 0 then everyone can float to the super high spots free of damage as an added bonus?

Sniper has been fine up until now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. As said, it's a novelty class.

What I always say!

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 02:49:58 am »
Novelty or not, why not have something new? It's not going to change your pyro playstyle with a sniper climbing a wall.

Offline Powerlord

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 08:39:46 am »
Novelty or not, why not have something new? It's not going to change your pyro playstyle with a sniper climbing a wall.

People hate change.  I mean at least one person involved in this thread thinks I ruined Prop Hunt by fixing the prop offsets so they don't stick into the floor any more.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 10:29:43 pm »
cuz u did

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 06:02:13 am »
People hate change.  I mean at least one person involved in this thread thinks I ruined Prop Hunt by fixing the prop offsets so they don't stick into the floor any more.
not ruined prophunt just ruined a few good spots

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 11:17:10 am »
I mean at least one person involved in this thread thinks I ruined Prop Hunt by fixing the prop offsets so they don't stick into the floor any more.

I'm of the opinion that you ruined the ranked nature of prophunt simply by giving the plugin attention.

Now there are other server operators running ranked prophunt servers that either still have the propmenu command exploit that allows them to select any model, or they have the bug where wearables aren't being removed properly and it allows them to have demo shields as props.

Hardly a consistent environment to have ranks when people can join a different broken server and cheat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:18:55 pm by VoiDeD »

Offline Marshii

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »
If standardisation is the case here, why not introduce it as a 'mode-wide' patch across all the servers; alert all servers that this is a new feature and introduce it (provided it should be applied, of course if most are against it, there is no point :P )

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »
thats gm's job but i guess they got laid off

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 09:11:20 am »
confirmed every single server in the world should revert to prophunt 1.92, except with no degreaser or flare  :-*

or just change it to stock pyros only