Author Topic: Mute-Automatic Kick(Declined)  (Read 11100 times)

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
Mute-Automatic Kick(Declined)
« on: July 30, 2013, 06:58:59 pm »
Alrighty, FF2(About 10-11) came up with an Idea where if enough people Mute a single person, the console will automatically mute that person for everyone in the server,  kick or even possibly Temporary ban him/her for a Day. This idea is/should be similar to the mic spamming auto mute that the console gives.

There was a player now in our FF2 named Monkey http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049463273 who is generally hated by most of the server and want him gone, since he griefs some of the time, and other times, he use the mic too much, and gives a rather displeasing sound. Some, like me, have muted him, but others keep complaining about his actions.

This sounds similar to a vote kick, but a little different, since people will actually have to think about what they will do when they mute someone and navigate through the menu, unlike vote kicking/mapvoting where most people just choose the closest Key.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165292150
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165291937
I would have taken more, but my TF2 just crashed on me.
This could potentially solve other problems that could arise in the future.
Also if this is in the wrong section, please move it to the right one.
Thank you
-Behalf of the FF2 community

===READ EVERYONE'S POST PLEASE, PRO OR CON===

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:53:31 pm by LEON35 »

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Mute-Automatic Kick
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 07:01:57 pm »

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:44 pm »
It inst fair to get someone kicked because you don't like them. All you should do is mute him when he joins, he's just a kid and he doesn't know any better. The problem here is that some of you people have taken it too far, such as to mute a kid for being annoying, and need to grow up. It's as simple as a mute when you see him join. Perhaps, a possible solution would be to block all communications and be rid of him. Also, a magic  button that kept a person muted forever. Its really not that big of a deal you jerks are making it out to be. Grow up.

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:05:38 pm »
It inst fair to get someone kicked because you don't like them. All you should do is mute him when he joins, he's just a kid and he doesn't know any better. The problem here is that some of you people have taken it too far, such as to mute a kid for being annoying, and need to grow up. It's as simple as a mute when you see him join. Perhaps, a possible solution would be to block all communications and be rid of him. Also, a magic  button that kept a person muted forever. Its really not that big of a deal you jerks are making it out to be. Grow up.

Like I said, I muted him, but some others haven't.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:14:13 pm by LEON35 »

Offline Metal

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:06:58 pm »
Yes this monkey person was spamming the mic and my ears were bleeding by the time i got off the server. I couldn't mute him/her because it kept changing its name. FIX NAO
HELLO

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »
I muted him, but some others haven't.

Yeah, well what stops others from doing that instead of complaining off the bat?

• Venus Power
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 07:08:04 pm »
yeah i have it to mute him but he changes his anem so we cant find him

• Venus Power
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 07:08:55 pm »
no one likes him and shit thats why and some people are noobs and dont know how to mute

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 07:09:35 pm »
yeah i have it to mute him but he changes his anem so we cant find him

This is where blocking all communications would be helpful. Should be found on his profile , I believe.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 07:10:08 pm »
This is really just a votekick that requires a lot more coordination with players in the server, and it's been said time and time again that votekicking is not a good idea due to potential abuse. If people are really upset with him, they'll bring up a mute request on the forums or privately with one of the admins.
If he's being annoying on the mic, he doesn't need to be banned anyways, just muted.
For those who don't mute him and just sit there saying SHUT UP constantly, feel free to call them retards and mute them as well. People who do this are just as bad as the "annoying" person, if not worse.
Don't forget to pick up his steamID next time in the console if he really is a problem (type status in console and find his name - his id will be next to that) and report him here.

• Venus Power
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 07:10:39 pm »

This is where blocking all communications would be helpful. Should be found on his profile , I believe.
doesnt work it only works in steam chat, anyway i keep on trying to mute him most of the times and he leaves and joins trying to not get muted

• Venus Power
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 07:12:58 pm »
STEAM_0:1:44598772 = Monkey D Luffy'
 think this will be perfect

Offline Propane

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »
This system would be perfect. I say about 7-10 people muting the same person = kick and temporary ban. It would solve SO many problems. The server needs more moderation.

Offline Propane

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:46 pm »
Another thing that MIGHT solve problems is donators should be able to initiate votekicks, and have a system where people have to type out an acronym in the chat to vote (very similar to rock the vote !rtv). Just an idea.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 08:14:32 pm »
Another thing that MIGHT solve problems is donators should be able to initiate votekicks, and have a system where people have to type out an acronym in the chat to vote (very similar to rock the vote !rtv). Just an idea.
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no