Author Topic: Nerf Ullapool  (Read 13700 times)

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Nerf Ullapool
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 07:40:33 pm »
voidy on the castle map you can skip the moving up and down thingys and jump on the pole to skip the next one

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »
You'll have to excuse me as I'm not familiar with what the "duck trap" is, but the rest of these issues sound like they're by design (using the caber to bypass one trap). I'm more interested in knowing areas where demomen can bypass multiple traps, or get outside of the map.
The "duck trap" is when the Link statues that spawn when using the Elegy of Emptiness appear and a sound bit plays saying "How about a duck, for luck?". The ceiling isn't specifically covered so Demoman can caber over it. It's in between the Friday trap and the Windows 98 trap.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 08:58:33 pm »
The "duck trap" is when the Link statues that spawn when using the Elegy of Emptiness appear and a sound bit plays saying "How about a duck, for luck?". The ceiling isn't specifically covered so Demoman can caber over it. It's in between the Friday trap and the Windows 98 trap.
ok why did no one just say link trap because i was wounding what is the duck trap

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08:11 pm »
ok why did no one just say link trap because i was wounding what is the duck trap
It's because everyone knows it from its infamous soundbite.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 12:08:51 am »

Okay then yea, that trap is meant to be cabered over. One caber, one trap.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 05:21:06 pm »
Demos can bug the minigame on Missing. They can use the caber to jump onto the "rope" part of the game, directly across from the minigame platform, which seems to bug it.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 02:56:24 pm »
Demos can bug the minigame on Missing. They can use the caber to jump onto the "rope" part of the game, directly across from the minigame platform, which seems to bug it.

How does this bug itself? I'm unable to reproduce it by jumping into the minigame, as that doesn't seem to do anything, or by jumping while inside the minigame, as that simply ends the round.

Offline Teddy

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 03:19:54 pm »
How does this bug itself? I'm unable to reproduce it by jumping into the minigame, as that doesn't seem to do anything, or by jumping while inside the minigame, as that simply ends the round.

Sometimes when they touch the left side of the minigame's wall suddenly the thing you need to jump from is gone and makes it stuck or sometimes demo just jumps with you and makes a purpose lose.
You may seem smart but you're not!

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »
Sometimes when they touch the left side of the minigame's wall suddenly the thing you need to jump from is gone and makes it stuck or sometimes demo just jumps with you and makes a purpose lose.

Do you happen to know the exact steps required to reproduce that? Like exactly the place you have to jump or touch?

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 03:46:58 pm »
1. Ullapool the ground by the slightly heart shaped arch before the spinning trap at the corner.
2. Jump in before to break the minigame, jump in as the minigame is going to force a loss.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 04:05:26 pm »
Alright, I placed a zone on top of the minigame to prevent anyone from jumping in. This should catch all cases.

Keep the map bug reports coming!

Offline Teddy

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 04:11:18 pm »
Forest map, don't you think skybox is a little bit too much low, I can't even flaregun with a pyro, only on the bridge but It's hard as hell because I have to crouch in mid air to jump it lower, also penis is avoidable, once the bridge trap is gone and a sign appears on the right side demos can caber there and actually wait for penis to go but It happens only if people don't get the logs and die even before.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »
Forest map, don't you think skybox is a little bit too much low, I can't even flaregun with a pyro, only on the bridge but It's hard as hell because I have to crouch in mid air to jump it lower,
That was the map maker's choice.

also penis is avoidable, once the bridge trap is gone and a sign appears on the right side demos can caber there and actually wait for penis to go but It happens only if people don't get the logs and die even before.
Fixed, thanks!

Offline Teddy

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:27 am »
So yeah I kinda forgot about another map exploit,
Hale can actually get out of his place using the penis in vsh_dr_forest,
Using his "Ballsack" somehow jumping on it or something and it pushs you outside

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 02:48:27 am »
Castle: the building with the holes in the roof, can be used be ullapool demos to skip the following traps, such as at spawn where demos can jump on the block and then jump all the way past the spikes, and the following building where they can walk on the falling roof and jump on top of the fans that blow you down. They can also jump up on the third one to break the smashing blocks, so they will no longer move up or down. If they get stuck in the down position, it makes them unpassable unless you have the patience to walk on the ledge and not fall off.

Cocainum: There are lots of invisible walls that demos can ullapool on and run around, allowing them to skip platforming and guessing traps.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)