Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 129222 times)

Offline Shooter`

Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »
Added ph_tundra_b5 to the rotation, and increased the round timer on ph_medieval_a3 to 6 minutes.

The Tundra config has a type of tree as a prop that isn't snow covered and doesn't appear anywhere on the map. The bushes in the config are colored differently from the ones on the map and are difficult to hide. I know in the original config instead of trucks there are trains for props. The truck only appears in one place on the map and in my opinion the train prop blends in with the map better than the truck.

Offline Hoodie

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:18 pm »
Suggestion: Remove Farm Fued

Reason: Hiding in this map is a joke. There are maybe two spots you can hide in with no regulars on that will work, but on a normal day this map is an absolute slaughter fest. All props are left to do is run around or sit tight in this mess of a map for the 20 seconds they are going to live. As blu, all this map does is boost your rank, and as red, all it does is get you killed. Map is much too small and the spawn can clearly see the cp if you spawn in to the right, letting you see props. Just a horrible map in general with no purpose other than boosting scores.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 04:04:41 pm »
Maze, Farm Feud, Harvest, and Headquarters are all really small, carnage maps. A large number of players on that map is just kill kill kill, but when the server is low on people they can actually be really fun and make it to where BLU gets to search the entire map for props.

I'm just going to quote this again.

These are maps meant for fewer people on the server. Yes, they are slaughterfests when the server is full, but most people don't vote for it when the server is packed, anyways.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »

These are maps meant for fewer people on the server. Yes, they are slaughterfests when the server is full, but most people don't vote for it when the server is packed, anyways.

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »

If no one is voting for them when the server is packed, why are people complaining about it? Some might complain out of principle, but I'm not. I've been on when those maps are nominated and voted to be the next map.

Slaughterfests are not fun for people who enjoy prophunt.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »
I very much enjoy those maps, actually; slaughterfest or not. These maps play very well when the server isn't filled, and even I will have trouble finding people on them.

We also need to have variety in the maps. Just as these maps may not be as fun to play when the server is packed, we can't have all huge maps that take a whole round just to explore one section of the map. I hate it when there's few people playing and a huge map gets voted. Gives me more of a headache than anything when hunting.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »
Suggestion: Remove Farm Fued

Reason: Hiding in this map is a joke. There are maybe two spots you can hide in with no regulars on that will work, but on a normal day this map is an absolute slaughter fest. All props are left to do is run around or sit tight in this mess of a map for the 20 seconds they are going to live. As blu, all this map does is boost your rank, and as red, all it does is get you killed. Map is much too small and the spawn can clearly see the cp if you spawn in to the right, letting you see props. Just a horrible map in general with no purpose other than boosting scores.

What maps are there where hiding isn't a joke? The only ones that come to mind are medieval and cyberpunk.

There are no maps that serve any purpose other than boosting scores for the people that give you so much trouble on farm feud. If you get lucky enough to have a game where no blues are camping on the CP farm feud is an enjoyable map to run around on, and in some cases, actually hide.

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 05:44:28 pm »
I very much enjoy those maps, actually; slaughterfest or not. These maps play very well when the server isn't filled, and even I will have trouble finding people on them.

We also need to have variety in the maps. Just as these maps may not be as fun to play when the server is packed, we can't have all huge maps that take a whole round just to explore one section of the map. I hate it when there's few people playing and a huge map gets voted. Gives me more of a headache than anything when hunting.

To rephrase what I said, *some* of us hate the slaughterfest maps.

I prefer the bigger maps, though not to the extent of medieval. Makes it more of a challenge for "pro"s.

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 05:46:47 pm »
What maps are there where hiding isn't a joke? The only ones that come to mind are medieval and cyberpunk.

There are no maps that serve any purpose other than boosting scores for the people that give you so much trouble on farm feud. If you get lucky enough to have a game where no blues are camping on the CP farm feud is an enjoyable map to run around on, and in some cases, actually hide.

There are plenty of maps where people can hide, just not when "pro"s are on. We were just playing Northural and I was successful in more than one round in hiding.

Maps like Maze, Harvest v2 and Farm Feud have very little to offer in hiding spots, and are smaller in size. I know people like them, but some people like myself play to actually hide.

Additionally, some of us aren't playing just to boost scores.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 06:03:06 pm »
There are plenty of maps where people can hide, just not when "pro"s are on.

There's no difference between me and you other than out mindsets.

We were just playing Northural and I was successful in more than one round in hiding.

I understand not everyone plays to win but "I want to live JUST ONE round" seems like an awfully low bar for you to set. Also, if you're "not playing to win" why are you bothering to complain?

Maps like Maze, Harvest v2 and Farm Feud have very little to offer in hiding spots, and are smaller in size. I know people like them, but some people like myself play to actually hide.

Everything you said is true but just because a portion of the people that play on the server prefer to play red one way why should we remove every map that promotes an alternate playstyle?

Additionally, some of us aren't playing just to boost scores.

You have no idea why I play and quite frankly it's insulting to me that you think I care about nothing other than a number. Not everyone who wants to be good at something is only there to "boost their score".

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 06:05:02 pm »
Ok Shooter, I didn't mean anything I said to be personal, please don't take it way.

I wanted to make sure alternate viewpoints were voiced.

But I can't help but respond that I can play the game for any damn reason I please.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 06:22:55 pm »
I think that goes the same for everybody. Anyway we're crazy off topic now.

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »
Good point.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »
tundra sux
Maze, Farm Feud, Harvest, Headquarters, etc. are all maps that you can play with many people. Yes, they're very small, but they all are extremely easy to run on.
I've survived against a team of 16 on headquarters, maze and farm feud by running. If you're really mad about these maps, learn to run :o
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2012, 05:01:14 pm »
On Brawl, can we change the Blu spawn doors from opening so soon?  You can see half the map from the blu spawn so the props only get the other half to hide without being seen. 

Also while I'm on the subject, the map only has 1 small healthpack and it is literally on the control point, it is like 90% useless lol.  Can we get a few more on the ground or something?

I wish we could just get the editable map files so I can change these myself.