Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 129223 times)

Offline Marshii

Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »
Is there any way that the FoW as it were could be reduced or lifted, or maybe edited with more light sources? I'm not sure who owns the rights sorry :/

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2013, 06:39:21 pm »
Is there any way that the FoW as it were could be reduced or lifted, or maybe edited with more light sources? I'm not sure who owns the rights sorry :/

Yeah if you extract the map and open it in hammer there's an entity that controls it. IIRC it's TF_fog_controller or something similar. You can also do more light sources but it's easier to just change the color of the fog I think.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2013, 01:54:16 am »
Took another look at the map, and it doesn't seem as dark when Glace and I looked at it before? Dunno, but it is a little dark in some areas. Aside from pumpkins scattered around and two trees added, it's just a rehash of canyon, unlike spooky harvest which adds in that extra area. It also removes one of the insides of the tall buildings (The one near blu spawn). I honestly wouldn't want this map in, since it's just too similar to the original canyon.

But, if anyone's really curious, I've dropboxed the map for anyone else who may want to take a look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/als4x5a3o4qzgwr/ph_spookycanyon_a1.bsp
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:56:43 am by luvedragon »

Offline Marshii

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2013, 08:16:03 am »
Ah, fair enough. I see your point :) Thanks for looking over it though.

Offline Loc Rocker

• Full Admin
  • Yo!
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2013, 02:13:18 am »
I move to have CyberPunk removed from map rotation. Most people who've actually been to it loathe it; and there are still glitches with the map to ensure you never lose as a prop. We could always replace it with Swamp.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2013, 02:19:56 am »
I move to have CyberPunk removed from map rotation. Most people who've actually been to it loathe it; and there are still glitches with the map to ensure you never lose as a prop. We could always replace it with Swamp.

I swear there was some sort of reason why Glace and I never suggested Swamp, but I can't remember it at the moment.

EDIT: Apparently it was removed from GM for having "too much water" and being pretty glitchy. That's probably why we never suggested it. Topic
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:38:05 am by luvedragon »

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2013, 06:30:46 am »
remove cyberpunk
DO NOT ADD SWAMP IT'S SO BAD, DARK WON'T REMOVE IT BECAUSE HE MADE IT
IT IS THE WORST MAP
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2013, 08:43:32 am »
I don't think there's too much of an issue with cyberpunk. If there are places which props can get to that hunters can't then they need to be reported so that those areas can be fixed. In a sense cyber is a map in beta and can only be improved from feedback. Personally, I think it would be a great map were these issue to be highlighted and ironed out.

What I would say though is a huge no to swamp. I've played there many times on GM and there is simply too much water, and when out of the water, no place to hide, you will get random-sprayed. Simple. Plus the lighting makes seeing stuff hard anyway because of the contrast. I.E. Run or die = swamp.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2013, 10:02:57 am »
I don't think there's too much of an issue with cyberpunk.
Just about everyone hates it. That's a pretty big problem.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »
Just about everyone hates it. That's a pretty big problem.

A lot of us also hate Redstone, but that went over well a few pages back when we suggested to take it out.  :P

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2013, 03:57:14 pm »
We removed cyberpunk forever ago. Eventually we re-added it because their was a ton of people that wanted it.

At the current moment, it's a pretty split opinion.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2013, 04:31:26 pm »
A lot of us also hate Redstone, but that went over well a few pages back when we suggested to take it out.  :P
They're both really bad maps, yes.

At the current moment, it's a pretty split opinion.
It's only split because some people like maps they can't die on as props. Props DO NOT lose on Cyber. This is not a good thing.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2013, 05:33:18 am »
They're both really bad maps, yes.
It's only split because some people like maps they can't die on as props. Props DO NOT lose on Cyber. This is not a good thing.

Redstone is a good map as it requires teamwork, otherwise props can dance over everything, but usually there are enough people around to think 'Hmm, there's a prop running, maybe I'll help kill it'

Cyber is a good map, if not for props for hunters, I know it encourages me to try different classes, if it wasn't for cyber, i wouldn't be able to rocket jump, if you can call what I do rocket jumping haha. As for hiding on cyber, it's pretty much a roof run or a claustrophobic dead end. So if hunters use this to their advantage, there shouldn't be a problem, shame is people can't be bothered to think about what they're going to do in each round. Usually I have a clear run route mapped out should I be found, and I also have a few strategies for leading people the way I want them to go.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »
Its already been said: people like Cyberfuck because you can play anime music, see bright colors, and jump around on roofs to survive. Rarely to the hunters ever win. Look at the stats: http://www.gamingmasters.org/prophunt/index.php?page=maps Props win 76.5% of the time, that's ridiculous and that's not a close-call kinda win either. Its "I've been chillin up on tha roof watching everybody below, not moving an inch the entire time" kinda win.

The vote clears out the server pretty guaranteed. I'll nominate that when I'm done for the time being, just to make others rage too. While Redstone (shitstone) is almost equally as bad, I will say that at least its indoors and limits the height overall of where you can run around to.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08:00 pm »
One of the few times I'm gonna say box is right. Though I find it hard to believe props lose on Cyber 23.5% of the time. Seems almost impossible.