Author Topic: Solution for Exploding Binds.  (Read 12310 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Solution for Exploding Binds.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:44 pm »
I jus dunno why in the last 6 months, after playin this fuckin mod since prolly 2010, we have to change every fuckin little thing or at least petition it? If its this serious of an issue (its not), just make it a delay and call it a day. Holy shit I've never seen so many people upset over a game they join where the rules were set years before they even heard of the thing.

Nothing wrong with a little discussion.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 08:56:57 am »
IMO, there is pretty much no reason NOT to make it take points. The delay thing would then be pointless.

Except I don't care if someone loses points or not, while I DO care if I get my kill or not. If someone's gonna explode it's because they know they can't get me, and while it IS one less prop that I have to kill, it's one that I already found and some of the time it's denying me a speed boost. If I have a 5 second window to kill them after I find them or something I'd much prefer that to them losing points.

As an aside, why not just say exploding mid round on red is an offense similar to griefing? I know everyone likes to hate on the SourceOP server but that's how it is over there and they don't seem to have problems with it. That way you don't need to mess with the code and an admin can deal with it should they be on the server. I don't think it happens often enough that an admin would have to be called every time.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 11:24:30 am »
I could certainly get behind the delay thing. Losing points would do little to discourage some people from suiciding. Delaying the actual suicide, though, might actually get them to realize they can't do that anymore.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 08:24:38 pm »
Or just taking out suicide during the round, as there's really no reason for it, except to troll. For the delay, people could see they're going to get caught and die, push the button in advance, and then explode as the person comes.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?