Author Topic: Prop Alignment Issues (Minor)  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Marshii

Prop Alignment Issues (Minor)
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
Hi, I'm not sure if it's an on-going problem or whether it is already known to the admins, I thought it was worth mentioning;

When hiding aligning a prop is kinda central to hiding well but to other people spec'ing you might often appear at a different angle to them. Unfortunately this also extends to Hunters i.e. if I'm a bunch of barrels hiding amongst others, while to me I might appear perfectly square and flush with the edges, to hunteers I might appear about 45 degrees out of phase; giving me away without my realising.

I'm not sure what might be causing this problem but it would be great if there is a fix possible.

~~~Marshii

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Prop Alignment Issues (Minor)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »
i really hate that too you are in the perfect spot hunter comes up walks past and comes back then looks at you and kills you even though you were in the right spot with nothing wrong with your place ment
its just gets me mad to see how i just sat there and no one sees me but it looks like im in the right spot but im not

Offline Marshii

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:00 pm »
In many cases especially with regulars we know where legit props are so can spot props that aren't supposed to be there. But for example n Redstone where there are bunches of props together, you may stick out like hell to other players but to you it appears perfectly in line :/

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:58:01 pm »
In many cases especially with regulars we know where legit props are so can spot props that aren't supposed to be there. But for example n Redstone where there are bunches of props together, you may stick out like hell to other players but to you it appears perfectly in line :/

I find that if I let my prop sit in the right position for half a second or a second it helps to let things settle. No one's called me out on having an askew prop yet, but I do spend more time running around than hiding, so there's that.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:52:45 am »
I've never had this problem/heard of this before. Possibly it's caused by your rather high ping.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »
I've seen it happen to others. But anyway, tis why I said it was a 'minor' issue