Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 129306 times)

Offline Marshii

Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2013, 11:56:24 am »
I've just had a though, if maps like Well and Lakeside are/could be in rotation respectively, how about Nucleus(arena)? That seems like a pretty balanced / symmetrical map for ph. Of course it would need more 'clutter' added as it's pretty bare as it is. What do people think?

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »
I don't think just any map should be made prophunt.
 Nucleus is an arena map but it's basically a circle, prophunt needs more free movement in every direction.
Everyone who has access to the ability to add props to any map also has the ability to make
their own ph map.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:15 pm »
I think Dam-It would make an awesome prophunt map.  Small(ish) with multiple levels, 4 ways to get to the cp including the hole above it.  Outside/inside spots, not cluttered so you could easily add the static props, you take trim the nowall a bit to allow access to the roofs..etc

That said, converting it would be a pain in the ass.  And I only allow one pain in my ass....and that's when Marshii jams his big lubed up throbbing...pulsating...hard white British....

...rectal thermometer up my bottom because Marshii is a good friend who takes care of people when they are sick.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:28 am »
I've just had a though, if maps like Well and Lakeside are/could be in rotation respectively, how about Nucleus(arena)? That seems like a pretty balanced / symmetrical map for ph. Of course it would need more 'clutter' added as it's pretty bare as it is. What do people think?

Nice map for running, right amount of HP packs, the CP is far too small. I'd suggest removing those walls that border it and expanding the circle maybe 150-175 hammer units in every direction to prevent people sitting on the CP and taking up basically the whole thing.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2013, 07:07:07 pm »
I think it would work for hunters as well as there are multiple floors and because it is so 'circular' it shouldn't be too easy to run because of predictability, but as I say, multiple levels will give that balance. Great idea Shooter, CP needs work!

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »
Out of curiosity, was Manor ever going to get legit music buttons? Right now there's two very obvious button type blocks outside BLU spawn, but they don't do anything. I find this appalling.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:53 am »
Sometimes maps are better without the music. Music choices tend to be pretty bad anyway.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2013, 03:15:10 am »
Speaking of bad song choice, you can turn the stage music off by typing "snd_restart" into the console.  Comes in handy when playing Redstone.

With Manor, it would be cool to get Thriller and Dragula by Rob Zombie as the songs if that ever happens.  I honestly don't even know who picks the songs though.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2013, 12:10:04 pm »
I think manor is much more atmospheric without music, but one which might be slightly more atmospheric WHILE being prophunt themed are the following;

Recommended start 1:35 or 2:09

Or for a more atmospheric version;

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »

Far more PH appropriate.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »
Ooh, if it's awesome game stuff for ph take a gander at these lil beauties

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2013, 02:11:23 pm »
So I decompiled the map. Interesting, there's music set up, but the map maker never actually set up the buttons to be pushed. Go figure.

EDIT: Or, rather, they're set up incorrectly? Something's wrong with them, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:19:45 pm by luvedragon »

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »
So I decompiled the map. Interesting, there's music set up, but the map maker never actually set up the buttons to be pushed. Go figure.

EDIT: Or, rather, they're set up incorrectly? Something's wrong with them, that's for sure.
THERE'S A REASON THIS MAP WAS USED FOR HALLOWEEN :--OOOOOOOOOOOO
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »
Can you tell what music is in the map currently?

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2013, 05:34:24 pm »
Looking at the names of the music, I'm assuming Micheal Jackson's Thriller and Banjo-Kazooie Mad Monster Mansion.

EDIT: Also, Marshii, you get a cookie for suggesting the same song I was thinking of from Croc. :) Childhood FTW.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:44:20 pm by luvedragon »