Author Topic: Once again another troll to punish  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Nurse Flutterjerk

• Your going to LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again another troll to punish
« on: November 18, 2012, 11:14:48 pm »
Found this guy on DR platform trolling i told him numerous times i would record him and even when i was he wouldn't stop and just kept on doing it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq85mh5e0xhw1h4
#   1650 "ThePriest"         STEAM_0:0:52033411  54:53      111    0 active
P.S i enjoy watching for trolls gives me something else to do........

Offline Ujaya

• Mr.White Lucario
Re: Once again another troll to punish
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »
I Joined the server for only like 3 minutes to find 2 people trolling platforms in the mario level

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RevolvingTurtle

and

http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561193752671315

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:27 pm »
We're working on making a system to prevent trolling like this. Until then, please report it to an admin. We love banning troll players.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:24:10 pm »
Perhaps the platforms could do damage after prolonged stance on them? That way you can't stand on them for extended periods of time without being killed. Just an idea.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:20:53 am »
This would be something for the map maker to set up, buy why not have those blocks work like they do in actual mario games? They drop from under the player after a set amount of time, then reset once they hit the ground. Should be possible to set up... Maybe I'll get ahold of the map maker again...

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »
This would be something for the map maker to set up, buy why not have those blocks work like they do in actual mario games? They drop from under the player after a set amount of time, then reset once they hit the ground. Should be possible to set up... Maybe I'll get ahold of the map maker again...

It's a problem on quite a few maps though. Of course Mario's ultra thin platforms makes it really pronounced, but I don't think a little damage on platforms would hurt (dohohopuns) for a couple other maps.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 01:09:20 am »
It's a problem on quite a few maps though. Of course Mario's ultra thin platforms makes it really pronounced, but I don't think a little damage on platforms would hurt (dohohopuns) for a couple other maps.
That would be simpler, make the platforms slowly hurt like the spawn area in the trade server or most idle servers. This would get people moving, especially if the Dolokos/Fishcake doesn't heal fast enough to keep 'em on the platform alive.

Offline Ujaya

• Mr.White Lucario
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:28:42 am »
That would be simpler, make the platforms slowly hurt like the spawn area in the trade server or most idle servers. This would get people moving, especially if the Dolokos/Fishcake doesn't heal fast enough to keep 'em on the platform alive.

What if there are medics using crossbows to heal the person standing on the platform?

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 01:23:57 pm »
What if there are medics using crossbows to heal the person standing on the platform?
Fuck. I despise the Crossbow's OPness anyway, so I wouldn't be heartbroken to see it nerfed/removed.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 04:32:57 pm »
Then people would be yelling at them as well... I suppose removing the crossbow just for mario b3 and 4 could be an option if we go with the damaging platforms, but I don't like that as a possibility...

Could we set the trap to activate multiple times, with a 30 seconds between uses? That would give enough time to cross, while keeping the trolls off of the second and third platform...

I suppose adding a votekick option would fix the problem, but it might be abused as well. Ok, it would be abused and we all know it. Anyone got any better ideas?

Offline Ujaya

• Mr.White Lucario
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 05:17:03 pm »
get rid of pushing

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 04:58:31 pm »
get rid of pushing
We actually tried that once, people didn't like it for some reason.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 05:58:09 pm »
I went with removing pushing specifically on just the mario maps. Technically I added that setting last week, but it apparently didn't work. It ~should~ be working as of a few days ago, though.

Offline Nurse Flutterjerk

• Your going to LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »
hey i know an idea you might not like it voided but remove pushing altogether satisfy children and others alike the C crossbow still works with out pushing and would elemante some of the butt hurt on the server sometimes and there is really no downside to no pushing....( im just speaking for majority of other people not myself)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 11:53:42 pm »
I don't want to remove pushing all together, I feel it makes deathrun too easy. Part of being able to run well is being able to control your player and adjust your position on platforms while being pushed away from other players.