Author Topic: Another Ban request.......  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Nurse Flutterjerk

• Your going to LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another Ban request.......
« on: November 12, 2012, 01:06:05 am »
So i found this guy spaming the ugly barancle sound (he was doing it for at lease 15 more min before i started recording) yeah he stopped then he just became a dick. Might upload more video if he acts up more.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r40n1dflfxe1jg4
    182 "AnonymousSavior"   STEAM_0:1:29289071  37:31       94    0 active

Offline AnonymousSavior

• Donator
Re: Another Ban request.......
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »
1:There is a something called mute. Instead of trying to be the hero that tells me to shut up you can just tell everyone to mute as well. I think you just did it so people can like you

2: I was not being the "dick". If there was a chat log those users would be banned. I did not see why they had to go to the lowest level and start swearing at me just because they decided to not mute me. They should be banned for harassing me.

I find myself innocent

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »
i did mute you but other people were making a big deal about it and other people told you to stop

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:25:46 pm »
you did spam ugly barnacle for about 10-15min before i started recording i told you to stop everyone told you to stop......... so thats why we were mad at you then you went total dick beacuse we were telling you to stop you made it come on yourself you have no argument

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:05:10 pm »
As a third party that wasn't there when this happened, I can't say much about what happened. I can say that mic spamming is against the rules, unless you are in the trade server. I see that the alleged offending party is not a donator, so I have to assume that they were using a mic.

My question to you, AnonymousSavior, is why did you not quit spamming long after people asked you to?

Edit: Ok, it just updated. You are a donator, so it was a sound spam. My question still stands, though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:16:39 pm by Knucklejoe »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 08:25:58 pm »
Alright well since you took the opportunity to register on the forums and plead your case (something I actually respect, since most people just whine about being banned without using any real cognitive thought), I'll give some significant leeway in this instance.

I had another admin check out the demo, and it pretty much consisted of what is over use of the saysounds donator feature.

We don't really have a written rule for this, as it's something that I've unfortunately neglected to add to the rules list for some time.

I do, however, want to point out a specific statement and respond to it.

1:There is a something called mute. Instead of trying to be the hero that tells me to shut up you can just tell everyone to mute as well. I think you just did it so people can like you

Muting players who spam saysounds doesn't do anything useful, as the sounds would still be played.

In general I want you to consider this a warning, and I ask that you please refrain from playing the sounds excessively as they can be annoying to other players.

For everyone else, if the saysounds are annoying, please remember that you can disable the ability to hear them with the !sounds command on the server.