Author Topic: Few bugs and some suggestions  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Few bugs and some suggestions
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:55:55 am »
This may be the last of the actual glitches to report. Large amount of uncommon ones are starting to appear.

About one third of my life resides living in the virtual exstacy called Deathrun Hell #1. I love the fact that I can take a bunch of crap and have other people deal with it. I can't ever forget the head admin's first words to me.

My position in Saxton Hell is "Director of Fixing That Shit", so please report anything and everything that's broken.

Okay Director of Fixing Shit... Here is some more stuff that happens.

Map name- vsh_dr_xtremeway_tank

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209995530
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209995559

Description- Map bug
The trap never kills anyone.

Consideration- low

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Map name- vsh_dr_gaytower_v2_fixed

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212225536
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212225554
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212225581

Description- uncommon map bug
The platform here is supposed to come back after a few seconds. The change in lava between these screenshot show that it did not to that. This has happened several times now.

Consideration- Moderate
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Map name- vsh_dr_winterhill_beta2

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212781694
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212781718

Description- Rare bug
Take note of the position I am standing in. I was able to successfully capture a screenshot on opposite sides of that glass trap. This also happened only once.

Consideration- none

The Justin Bieber trap in vsh_dr_trollrun_final also got stuck. This prevented the R.E.D. teams advance. I was not however able to get a screenshot of the event but I think you can take my word for it.

( I just thought you should get a heads up on bugs like these. There occurrence is rare but multiple maps have traps that prevent the whole R.E.D. team from advancing. )

Now onto related notes/suggestions regarding the server I live on.

I see Windy has reported the problem with vsh_dr_smexytraps_v2. Thats already done so I just wanted to thank him for that... The only admin iv ever seen play the DR server more then 3 times under a weeks period (More fun then hiding in an I.R.C.). Now regarding the specific fix I would like to ask if you can enable certain weapons ... Please allow the use of specific weapons such as the G.R.U. and Caber. This goes for all maps regarding an all weapons restriction to melee. 

I would like to ask that you allow the use of a Festive Gloves of Running Urgently. The server forces you to use a default G.R.U... Related to this I think admins should look into other re-textured versions of weapons they can enable. I bet the pyro's flare gun is forced to use a default one  instead of a Festive Flare Gun. If this bug no longer exists please ignore this note.

You should have something that shows how fast you are going in Deathrun. I remember playing on this one Deathrun server were it says in white text the speed at how fast you are running (similar to when you enter third person as a spy and enable a Dead Ringer).

Extend the donator trial to five days instead of one. Why?... Well the reason for this suggestion is the fact that when I did the donator trail a while back I didn't feel like I got much entertainment out of it. The average player (At least to my perspective of the deathrun server) plays between 1 to 3 hours on a server (generally more if players "hop" between Saxton hell servers). I was also unable to test certain perks on other servers given that I played nearly 4 hours on just DR (and we players have lives). You should also reset the trail for people who have not tried out the Killstreak effects ( Like me =.= ). Besides isn't the full trial like 30 days? 5 days will still only be 1/6 of the full deal and given the fact it is a one time use I say its worth it.

ᴮᵃᵈᵃˢˢ ᴳʳᵃᶰᵈᵖᵃ ᶦˢ ᵃ ᵈᶦᶰᵍᵘˢ
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Few bugs and some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 03:06:58 am »
I see Windy has reported the problem with vsh_dr_smexytraps_v2. Thats already done so I just wanted to thank him for that... The only admin iv ever seen play the DR server more then 3 times under a weeks period (More fun then hiding in an I.R.C.). Now regarding the specific fix I would like to ask if you can enable certain weapons ... Please allow the use of specific weapons such as the G.R.U. and Caber. This goes for all maps regarding an all weapons restriction to melee.
Aren't the GRU and Caber already allowed on most maps? I don't think I've seen a map with a GRU restriction, and the Caber is probably restricted on other maps because it delays the round and/or can be used to activate an exploit (Still waiting on the fix in factory :S)

I would like to ask that you allow the use of a Festive Gloves of Running Urgently. The server forces you to use a default G.R.U... Related to this I think admins should look into other re-textured versions of weapons they can enable. I bet the pyro's flare gun is forced to use a default one  instead of a Festive Flare Gun. If this bug no longer exists please ignore this note.
I know I had reported this to Voidy when the new Festives came out because when they first came out, the Festive weapons acted like the non-Deathrun weapons and made them a bit too overpowered. Those replacements were added in when the Soda Popper was removed, and I'm pretty sure Voidy is working to fix that soon (or at least hopefully).

You should have something that shows how fast you are going in Deathrun. I remember playing on this one Deathrun server were it says in white text the speed at how fast you are running (similar to when you enter third person as a spy and enable a Dead Ringer).
While this would be helpful, it seems a bit extraneous.

Extend the donator trial to five days instead of one. Why?... Well the reason for this suggestion is the fact that when I did the donator trail a while back I didn't feel like I got much entertainment out of it. The average player (At least to my perspective of the deathrun server) plays between 1 to 3 hours on a server (generally more if players "hop" between Saxton hell servers). I was also unable to test certain perks on other servers given that I played nearly 4 hours on just DR (and we players have lives). You should also reset the trail for people who have not tried out the Killstreak effects ( Like me =.= ). Besides isn't the full trial like 30 days? 5 days will still only be 1/6 of the full deal and given the fact it is a one time use I say its worth it.

ᴮᵃᵈᵃˢˢ ᴳʳᵃᶰᵈᵖᵃ ᶦˢ ᵃ ᵈᶦᶰᵍᵘˢ
I'm split about this. While extending the trial donator would be helpful, I'm not sure if it's exactly the best thing to do. On the trading server, I see a bunch of trial donors everyday using their godmode powers to the fullest, mass murdering everyone. I can also see the spamming of saysounds in the aforementioned future. Then again, I can see the standpoint at which you're at. Having donor for just 1 day really isn't enough to motivate someone to donate to a server since they got their powers for one day and probably didn't know about all the powers they could get. I'll leave this up to Voidy to decide.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Baysick

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:21:29 am »
Aren't the GRU and Caber already allowed on most maps? I don't think I've seen a map with a GRU restriction, and the Caber is probably restricted on other maps because it delays the round and/or can be used to activate an exploit (Still waiting on the fix in factory :S)

You must have never played vsh_dr_darkwoods_b1 and vsh_dr_smexytraps_v2 has just recently been updated where weapons are now restricted to default melee weapons.

"You should have something that shows how fast you are going in Deathrun. I remember playing on this one Deathrun server were it says in white text the speed at how fast you are running (similar to when you enter third person as a spy and enable a Dead Ringer)."

While this would be helpful, it seems a bit extraneous.

Just a suggestion.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:23:48 am »
You must have never played vsh_dr_darkwoods_b1 and vsh_dr_smexytraps_v2 has just recently been updated where weapons are now restricted to default melee weapons.
Ah right, forgot about darkwoods. Also, what's up with melee weapons on smexytraps? Is there a new exploit with other weapons besides melee on it?

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Baysick

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 03:29:30 am »
Ah right, forgot about darkwoods. Also, what's up with melee weapons on smexytraps? Is there a new exploit with other weapons besides melee on it?

Yes. Now at the very end of the map (or say the very last trap area) there was a wall that you can accually shoot through to harm the Hale. I understand taking away the ability to harm Hale there but I would very much like my Deathrun perks back. Smexy is the shortest Deathrun map and of the hardiest to platform.

Oh another thing. A fix for Factory you said?..There is a problem there I am unaware about?.. Do tell.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 03:42:56 am »
Oh another thing. A fix for Factory you said?..There is a problem there I am unaware about?.. Do tell.
Well, not really a fix, but just more a slay zone. Demos with cabers on factory can caber over the spawn, preventing death until a. They fall to their deaths, b. the timer runs out, or c. They enter the spawn slay zone.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:14:24 pm »
Map name- vsh_dr_xtremeway_tank

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209995530
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209995559

Description- Map bug
The trap never kills anyone.

Consideration- low

Fixed.

Now regarding the specific fix I would like to ask if you can enable certain weapons ... Please allow the use of specific weapons such as the G.R.U. and Caber. This goes for all maps regarding an all weapons restriction to melee. 

If we didn't give stock fists or the stock GRU, heavies would slowly kill themselves on melee-only maps. I've modified smexytraps to instead have a no-attacking zone in the area where players can hit hale, instead of stripping all weapons.

I would like to ask that you allow the use of a Festive Gloves of Running Urgently. The server forces you to use a default G.R.U...

Related to this I think admins should look into other re-textured versions of weapons they can enable. I bet the pyro's flare gun is forced to use a default one  instead of a Festive Flare Gun. If this bug no longer exists please ignore this note.

I've modified some of the code to not replace weapons with reskins where possible, this should allow you to use any GRU and flaregun, and should also work for melee only maps.

We actually disabled the trial system entirely a few months ago due to some abuse.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:15:55 pm by VoiDeD »