Author Topic: Boss Rotation  (Read 130962 times)

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Boss Rotation
« Reply #435 on: November 23, 2014, 07:18:11 am »
Want to post this before this mobile WiFi bugs out, major crits Jr is weak as hell against engineers and their buildings. It took one whole clip of rockets to kill a mini sentry, thanks for seb for helping me test this out, major crits Jr doesn't crit on hit so that's broken. Cruts Jr should at least get a building damage bonus of 50% or 75% , I'm just saying cause he is well underpowered until he gets updated

Offline ridiculed

• Donator
  • things.
« Reply #436 on: November 23, 2014, 10:16:02 am »
These are glitches/balancing problems I know of top of my head. I'm sorry for not posting things like the exact timing of rages and such since I don't have the info, but this is my opinion on some of the hales. If you agree on certain hales please so say so it can be changed.

MeeM Swarm
When one person on the hale team suicides then everyone dies and the round is over. There is someone who always does this.

Abstract Spy
Doesn't correctly deal 202 damage even though he swings at knife speed.

Ghost/Franky
I believe both these hales are the same, movement speed, attack speed, rage, bleed on hit, superjump cooldown. I don't know about hitbox.
The problem with these hales is that they're almost a direct upgrade of other hales. They get bat speed for their attacks which already deal 202 damage and on top of that they get bleed with it. Franky is basically Serious Sam but with bleed on hit and faster attack speed. The melee should deal like 150 with bleed or they should attack slower.

Heisenberg
see previous thread

Grim Reaper
Not really a problem, but he's literally just a mesh on a scout. Feels lazy.

Cave Johnson
Replace the pill models with lemons like on other servers. He should get reduced fire speed too, it's incredibly easy to win with him.
*EDIT* You can't see anything in first person because of the grenade launcher blocking your view completely.

Mad Hatter
Overpowered rage. Everyone gets giant for too long and he gets ubered.

Sandmen
Also not really a problem, but his hale music is annoying as shit. It's the same 7 second garble repeated over and over, I don't think anyone likes it.

Wall-E
Probably the weakest hale in game. His hitbox is literally a perfect cube. When you go heavy the damage spread doesn't even matter because every bullet hits, the hale can't even get close to a heavy because the knockback from none of the bullets missing. It takes a few seconds to get thousands of damage even far away as a heavy. He moves slow and swings at wrench speed and his rage is nothing special. Make his hitbox smaller or buff up his rage.

Femscout
On the flip side, the most powerful hale in the game. She gets as much ammo as she wants with the pistol and shotgun, her double jump goes just as high as a super and since she uses her regular jump there's a 0 cooldown. There is also more control over where you go since it's a double jump instead of a single jump. The biggest problem is how much damage the shotgun does. Even far away it takes a few bullets to kill most non overhealed classes. She has way too much stuff for a scout hitbox scout speed hale.

The Blitzkrieg
I don't know if this is a glitch, but the round after Blitz when you solider you get his rocket launcher. I don't mind it at all, was just wondering if this was intended.
*EDIT* on rage when he ubers he has a red rage. He should have a blue one.

Administrator
Should get half the cooldown time for the first summon. Takes too long.

Heavy Weapon Spy
It's really easy to tell if someone's disguised, they have the overheal shining around them. I don't think his rage stuns either. I don't ever see someone not upset being heavy weapons spy.

Freddy
Feels like his screen covering rage lasts much longer than other hales. I'll have to time it to make sure, but I think it's a bit too long.

Major Crits
See bobo's post above.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:58:12 pm by ridiculed »
Posting in dead forums

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #437 on: November 23, 2014, 10:23:58 am »
These are glitches/balancing problems I know of top of my head. I'm sorry for not posting things like the exact timing of rages and such since I don't have the info, but this is my opinion on some of the hales. If you agree on certain hales please so say so it can be changed.

MeeM Swarm
When one person on the hale team suicides then everyone dies and the round is over. There is someone who always does this.

Abstract Spy
Doesn't correctly deal 202 damage even though he swings at knife speed.

Ghost/Franky
I believe both these hales are the same, movement speed, attack speed, rage, bleed on hit, superjump cooldown. I don't know about hitbox.
The problem with these hales is that they're almost a direct upgrade of other hales. They get bat speed for their attacks which already deal 202 damage and on top of that they get bleed with it. Franky is basically Serious Sam but with bleed on hit and faster attack speed. The melee should deal like 150 with bleed or they should attack slower.

Heisenberg
see previous thread

Grim Reaper
Not really a problem, but he's literally just a mesh on a scout. Feels lazy.

Cave Johnson
Replace the pill models with lemons like on other servers. He should get reduced fire speed too, it's incredibly easy to win with him.

Mad Hatter
Overpowered rage. Everyone gets giant for too long and he gets ubered.

Sandmen
Also not really a problem, but his hale music is annoying as shit. It's the same 7 second garble repeated over and over, I don't think anyone likes it.

Wall-E
Probably the weakest hale in game. His hitbox is literally a perfect cube. When you go heavy the damage spread doesn't even matter because every bullet hits, the hale can't even get close to a heavy because the knockback from none of the bullets missing. It takes a few seconds to get thousands of damage even far away as a heavy. He moves slow and swings at wrench speed and his rage is nothing special. Make his hitbox smaller or buff up his rage.

Femscout
On the flip side, the most powerful hale in the game. She gets as much ammo as she wants with the pistol and shotgun, her double jump goes just as high as a super and since she uses her regular jump there's a 0 cooldown. There is also more control over where you go since it's a double jump instead of a single jump. The biggest problem is how much damage the shotgun does. Even far away it takes a few bullets to kill most non overhealed classes. She has way too much stuff for a scout hitbox scout speed hale.

The Blitzkrieg
I don't know if this is a glitch, but the round after Blitz when you solider you get his rocket launcher. I don't mind it at all, was just wondering if this was intended.

Administrator
Should get half the cooldown time for the first summon. Takes too long.

Heavy Weapon Spy
It's really easy to tell if someone's disguised, they have the overheal shining around them. I don't think his rage stuns either. I don't ever see someone not upset being heavy weapons spy.

Freddy
Feels like his screen covering rage lasts much longer than other hales. I'll have to time it to make sure, but I think it's a bit too long.

Major Crits
See bobo's post above.
ridi, duo hales got fixed with if one dies the rest dies

Offline ridiculed

• Donator
  • things.
« Reply #438 on: November 23, 2014, 10:25:57 am »
ridi, duo hales got fixed with if one dies the rest dies

oh okay, good.
Posting in dead forums

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #439 on: November 23, 2014, 11:13:49 am »
The soldier weapon switch bug (after Blitzkrieg rounds) has since been fixed.

Blitzkrieg's RED uber is intentional, its not a bug.

(and Voidy promised me bread if i didn't break anything else, i have done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days and im out of bread to teleport. I wonder if teleporting stuff other than bread would break something.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:59:14 pm by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline ridiculed

• Donator
  • things.
« Reply #440 on: November 23, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »
Quick glitch that should be fixed

When you're taunting when a drug hales like Weasel Cake rages, you keep the weird FOV after the rage ends. It only reverts when he rages again. I don't know if it's all drug hales.

*EDIT AFTER NEW UPDATE* Still occurs. Can confirm same with abstract spy's rage, so I'm going to assume all hales that share that rage have the glitch.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:16:34 pm by ridiculed »
Posting in dead forums

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #441 on: November 23, 2014, 06:16:35 pm »
Changes:
  • Removed boss scaling on some bosses that get a larger scale (Skeleton King, etc) so they don't get stuck on certain maps.
  • Fixed some bosses not getting all of their weapon attributes.
  • Temporarily made Cave Johnson's grenade launcher invisible so that players can see in first person. Not sure why this is happening just yet.
  • Reduced the damage on Cave's grenades to match VSH.
  • Actually added Psychosis. Turns out the boss config was missing from the server this entire time.
  • Updated the following bosses to their latest versions:
    • Chica
    • Femsniper and Femsniper + CBS duo.
    • Foxy
    • Sonic.exe
    • Mann Brothers (and duo)
    • Fem scout
    • Miku
    • Handsome Jack
    • Human Sentry Buster
    • Major Crits Jr.
    • Mecha Engi
    • Grim Reaper
    • Chucky
  • Added a few new bosses:
    • Bloodrider (Set 7)
    • Female Engineer (Set 2)
    • Luigi's Mansion Ghost (Set 4)
    • Chuck Norris (Set 1)
    • Female Heavy (Set 1)
    • Botworker Trio (Set 6)
    • Bombinomicon (Set 7)
    • Error (Set 3)
    • Jack Skellington (Set 5)
    • Tank (Set 5)
    • The Warden (Set 3)

Ran out of time to get more fixes in for the moment. I'll get back to looking at the rest of the issues you guys reported when I get back from seeing Interstellar.

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #442 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:58 pm »
Changes:
  • Temporarily made Cave Johnson's grenade launcher invisible so that players can see in first person. Not sure why this is happening just yet.

Why not change his player class to Demoman, considering his player class on the VSH version is Demoman after all...

Code: [Select]
"name" "Cave Johnson"
"class" "4" // Demoman class for viewmodel reasons (gets rid of the infamous grenade launcher covering the whole screen issue)
"model" "models\freak_fortress_2\cavejohnson\cavejohnson.mdl"

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:55:26 pm by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #443 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »
Why do some bosses take a buttload of time to be able to super jump at the begging of the round? Their cooldown starts at like 60 seconds or so on a lot of hales.

----

Cooper -- Humour 75%.

TARS: 75%. Self destruct sequence in T minus 10 9 8...

Cooper: Let's make it 65℅.

Offline ridiculed

• Donator
  • things.
« Reply #444 on: November 23, 2014, 09:16:14 pm »
Problem with the new hale Tank, when you rage apparently you get a weapon but it doesn't reload (According to Luve after testing 3 times) and all damage is multiplied by 30-40 times. 1 revolver shot did 1322 damage, etc. Basically, when you rage you're pretty much dead from a few bullets of anything.
Posting in dead forums

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #445 on: November 23, 2014, 09:17:41 pm »
Problem with the new hale Tank, when you rage apparently you get a weapon but it doesn't reload (According to Luve after testing 3 times) and all damage is multiplied by 30-40 times. 1 revolver shot did 1322 damage, etc. Basically, when you rage you're pretty much dead from a few bullets of anything.

Apparently, its supposed to be a slow loading rocket launcher that when fired kills everything in existence, or in other words, you're supposed to stop the tank from reaching full rage since the rocket, once launched kills everything in existence.

10:07 PM - Cpt.Haxray: tell them there will be a updated version tomorrow.
10:07 PM - Cpt.Haxray: i need to fix the damage.
10:08 PM - Cpt.Haxray: So yeah... i need to fix hi sdamage. xD
10:08 PM - Koishi: lol
10:08 PM - Cpt.Haxray: it was still at 60s
10:08 PM - Koishi: oh
10:08 PM - Cpt.Haxray: yeah...
10:09 PM - Cpt.Haxray: xD. oops.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:28:45 pm by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #446 on: November 23, 2014, 09:54:45 pm »
Some hales, such as FemSpy, when you rage and get a pistol and switch back to melee, you will lose the pistol even if it had ammo in it. Other times, you dont lose the pistol. Seems completely random, but you shouldnt be able to lose your weapon.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #447 on: November 24, 2014, 06:03:25 pm »
Heavy Weapons Spy is fine because if you know how to use disguise kits correctly it gives you 100% knockback resistance so no one but pyro can stop you.
Also sentries are still easily fooled.

I do agree with any statements with Wall-E.  Even a solo scout's pistol is enough to knock him back further than he can run.
Best buff would be like 80% knockback resistance if you can't change his enormous hitbox. (Seeing as how Wheatley's hitbox is still tiny as fkuc)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:04:17 am by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #448 on: November 25, 2014, 10:02:51 am »
Heavy Weapons Spy is fine as-is IMO.

Anyways, do you guys really want to see a Blitzkrieg/Bloodrider duo?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:37:43 am by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #449 on: November 25, 2014, 06:09:04 pm »
The new Trio hale is actually a Duo.