Author Topic: A rant with an important message and a point to make.  (Read 6708 times)

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
A rant with an important message and a point to make.
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:55:08 pm »
Note: I posted this as a new thread instead of a reply because I felt this was something needed to be said more visibly and it applies out of context as well.

After a recent post regarding the trade server, I would like to bring something up that I believe we all need to think about. The original post that made me think of bringing this up is below:

You people ruin my hope for trading hell. It used to be so much fun to be on that server, and just talk with friends. Now its nothing but lenny faces and people calling each other faggots. Yeah, I already know that the only responses I am going to get for this are going to be those and wannabe trolls, but it needs to be said. You people (apologies to the admin) have ruined this server. It doesn't make me mad that you guys are spamming all that shit and such, but rather it saddens me to see the quality and potential of a server go down the drain. Enjoy your cesspool, after all, you made it that way.

Last post,
Mustacio

I have to agree with his(her?) decision and overall point, although my specific concerns are a bit different. Please note that my long rant that I spent 45 minutes writing up before pasting below (lots of editing) is only talking about the Trading Hell server, the other servers within the SXH community are not included in my rant.

---

One of my major problems with the trade server in its current state is that almost everyone on the trade server doesn't report rule breakers just because because "everyone else does stuff like that and gets away with it" or "that kinda thing is normal here, so I don't bother". People get away with shit because others don't report them when an admin is not around to see what is going on themselves, NOT because no one enforces the rules. I think Windy has said this on numerous occasions when people have brought it up, and it has been and always will be true in practice. They can't be everywhere at once no matter how much we (and they) wish they could be. They also have lives outside of being TF2 server admins which makes it so they are not available 24/7, that's just part of life.

Another trend that I have noticed as of late is people getting verbally attacked by others for pointing out that someone is breaking a major rule and that the rule breaker in question should knock it off before they get reported. While people saying stuff like "Oh, you're one of those retards who gets butthurt over people breaking the rules and reports them to the admins. Cry some more faggot." might have no effect on some people (myself included), I can defiantly see others not reporting people for breaking server rules when people who frequent the server start saying that kind of stuff.

On the bright side, with the addition of the latest batch of trial admins there seems to be more server staff willing to hang out on the trade server, which has helped exponentially. Having an admin present keeps the trouble makers in line, even if the admin themself isn't doing anything noticeable.

So I guess the point that I am trying to make is, people on the trade server need to start cleaning up their own behaviour if they want the server environment to improve. Change starts with you.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: A rant with an important message and a point to make.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »
Personally, I don't even know why we run a trade server.

But people play on it so I guess it has some purpose??

Offline Calcium

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »
Personally, I don't even know why we run a trade server.

But people play on it so I guess it has some purpose??

It's become more of a mess around and do what you want server than anything else. I honestly see people trading more often in any given half hour period over on VSH than I do on the trade server. Maybe a better hostname for it would be "24/7 Casual Hell [Fuck/Around/And/Do/Whatever]" (I'm serious about that BTW).

EDIT: Typos

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:00 pm »
 ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:39 pm »
  (  ͡°╭ ͜ʖ╮͡° )

Offline Calcium

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 01:04:11 am »
  (  ͡°╭ ͜ʖ╮͡° )
ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

I have no problem with the lenny faces (outside of the frequency of which people use them, but that's another thing all together). You two actually cause the least amount of trouble compared to some of the others who play on the trade server IMO.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 03:57:36 am »
I have no problem with the lenny faces (outside of the frequency of which people use them, but that's another thing all together). You two actually cause the least amount of trouble compared to some of the others who play on the trade server IMO.
They don't really visit the trade server too often though, so yeah.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline LEON35

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »
They don't really visit the trade server too often though, so yeah.

Offline AnonymousSavior

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »
Some guy was harassing me and I reported it to Punishment_Fatal but he didn't do anything about it ;-;. Also he was on the server as well

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 03:22:50 pm »
Some guy was harassing me and I reported it to Punishment_Fatal but he didn't do anything about it ;-;. Also he was on the server as well
When was this at if I may ask?

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline AnonymousSavior

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:29 am »
It was at a Minecraft map. It was at least 8 days into this month

Offline LEON35

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »
It was at a Minecraft map. It was at least 8 days into this month

Yet no screenshots

Offline AnonymousSavior

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 12:36:14 am »
That would disclose my identity. Also the guy was talking over voice chat

Offline Calcium

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 01:01:33 am »
That would disclose my identity. Also the guy was talking over voice chat

Whats the worst that will happen if you post a screen shot and someone figures out your steam name from that? If you don't want the people on the forums to know who you are on server then send a pm to a staff member with the screen shot attached. (Staff already know who you are since they can see your IP both here and on server)

Offline AnonymousSavior

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 02:01:37 am »
I have to live up to my username