Author Topic: Anti-Squeaker Rule  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Muttonchops

Anti-Squeaker Rule
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:44 pm »
Now, there have been many cases where people get their jimmies rustled due to the increasing presence of small children (on an M-rated video game, might I add). However, they're becoming too annoying and people aren't bothering with the mute button. Obviously, we need a rule against these kids using mics.

Before you say "HURR DURR FERKING MOOT DEM, DUMBPASS," I want to say that by saying we should mute them, there is therefore no reason for other text/mic related rules. By saying that we should mute the kids, we are therefore saying we should mute someone who is being racist, is insulting someone such as the admin, or even spamming (text and mic alike); thus making the anti-disrespect rules useless.

And according to Rules #2 and 3 on the General Rules section, being a douchebag and making other players unhappy AND spamming the mic respectively may result in a punishment (possibly severe).

tl;dr: Stop allowing these squeakers from playing (unless if they have no mic) and let us play the game without going out with an aching ear.

Offline Artificial Love

• YOU MEAN TO MODERATU, BANNU
Re: Anti-Squeaker Rule
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:11:27 pm »
You just don't know how much I agree with you, on every single community there will always have kids doing BS.

100/10 would love  to see it implemented

Offline TiberiusInABox

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:33:58 pm »
It should be just common sense to mute them, instead of complaining about it, you should take action and hit escape and look for an icon that has a ear with a "X" over it, find their name and hit mute. I KNOW IT'S CRAZY!
While other players mute these "squeakers" the moment they hear the offending child's voice assaulting their aural units.
In fine,igni ferroque,invictus maneo (In the end,with fire and iron,i remain unvanquished)

Offline Lyra

• Donator
  • Owo" !!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:43:32 pm »
The mute button is there for a reason to mute who ever.
Also, nowadays some parents doesn't really care about what their kids are playing.
Parents want their kids to stop bragging about buying M Rated games for them and eventually they would buy it.
They would probably care if they don't do any of those things though.

The odd world we live in :/

Just saying, should this be move to general topic?

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
To lazy to mute people General
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 03:37:29 pm »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:39:15 pm by Miaumon »

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »
Seriously, just mute them. Honestly, the bitching about them is worse than the kids themselves.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 04:21:48 pm »
That's what I told him this morning but he didn't listen me D:

Lets try to find another solution, like if the guy is being racist/insulting other people or you, just tell an admin and find like someone else who can confirm such aggressive behavior on the mic since you can't take pictures of him talking. And then the admin will take action
Also the admins should not go "just mute him, we can't do anything". Or us, complaining every second and just throw random complaints about kids using the mic. It would be better if both sides cooperate, like muttonchops and me where there at the same time and this guy and that other guy were being racist/insulting us on the mic , get it?

What ya guys think about this? deal or not deal? I ain't scamming :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:27:15 pm by Sakuya »

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »
he isn't saying they are being rude he is saying there voices are on the same level as micspamming or being a douche.

Yes they are annoying but there might be other people who actually want to talk to them and taking away that ability just because they sound like that isn't very good policy.

If there being a douche yes, if there just trying to talk no.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 06:51:35 pm »
Are squeakers annoying? Sometimes, yes. However, they are still there to have fun and play the game just like you and me. As someone who is mistaken for a little kid at times, I can honestly say that people like you take the fun out of playing a game when they've done absolutely nothing wrong.

I honestly feel sorry for these kids, constantly being pushed around and told they can't have fun just because of their voices. And, hell, just because someone's voice is squeaky doesn't automatically mean they are a 10-year-old boy. Hell, I know of a few younger guys who sound like their in their 20's, or even older. Took me a good while when I first started playing on the Hell servers before I actually started using my mic, for fear I'd be made fun of.

Jeeze, I see the people who push these kids around and make fun of them are often 1000 times worse in terms of being annoying than the squeakers ever are. Which makes the game less enjoyable for everyone. Yes, I do get annoyed at times with them, but I don't go out of my way to make them feel like they don't deserve to play this game just because of their voice. I just mute them.

In short? Just mute them. And don't be a douche and make them feel like worthless pieces of shit.

If they're actually spamming the mic, however, then just get a mod in there. Short and simple.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 07:17:38 pm »
[7:12:24 PM] √oidy: :O
[7:12:33 PM] √oidy: now this... is a post
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:19:35 pm by Miaumon »

Offline arnuilmees

• Full Admin
  • Howdy
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 07:38:41 pm »
[7:12:24 PM] √oidy: :O
[7:12:33 PM] √oidy: now this... is a post

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »
constructive topic guys

bottom line is it would be very wrong to implement a ban on kids or even on kids using the mic. M rated doesn't mean you need to be 17 to play it, just to buy it. they have the same right we do to play the game.

so yeah mute them.

Offline TiberiusInABox

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »
constructive topic guys

bottom line is it would be very wrong to implement a ban on kids or even on kids using the mic. M rated doesn't mean you need to be 17 to play it, just to buy it. they have the same right we do to play the game.

so yeah mute them.

Thank you. You're like my hero of the day, since theres only 45 mins left in this day, you'll get a pat on the back.
In fine,igni ferroque,invictus maneo (In the end,with fire and iron,i remain unvanquished)

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »
^
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.