Author Topic: Removal of ghosts on certain maps  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
Removal of ghosts on certain maps
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:44:29 am »
It may just me being a grumpy regular, however on maps like trollrun and hotdesert with the guessing traps, it really strikes a nerve when people who are already dead tell someone which way is safe, and I personally would appreciate having ghosts removed for these maps, trollrun in specific.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Removal of ghosts on certain maps
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:38 am »
It may just me being a grumpy regular, however on maps like trollrun and hotdesert with the guessing traps, it really strikes a nerve when people who are already dead tell someone which way is safe, and I personally would appreciate having ghosts removed for these maps, trollrun in specific.

I don't like the idea of removing ghosts just because of a few foul eggs. It could be argued that dead players could also lie to alive players to try to trick them into going to the wrong path/side.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
Re: Removal of ghosts on certain maps
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 05:53:05 pm »
I don't like the idea of removing ghosts just because of a few foul eggs. It could be argued that dead players could also lie to alive players to try to trick them into going to the wrong path/side.

or you can make them like Breakpoint gaming did back when i played gmod's deathrun, as they encountered some 'exploits from beyond the grave': make the ghosts be unable to stand on or have contact with stuff that is a part of a trap. i think they are all considered entities or something.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.