Author Topic: Can't see vagineer or ghosts  (Read 3531 times)

Offline zack6849

Can't see vagineer or ghosts
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:36:53 pm »
While running tf2 on arch linux, i cannot see ghosts at all, though i can see my shadow on the floor, i cannot see the vagineer apart from health particles
I have my multiplayer content set to allow all content, i have also tried running "record fix" and "stop"

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
Re: Can't see vagineer or ghosts
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:46:30 pm »
While running tf2 on arch linux, i cannot see ghosts at all, though i can see my shadow on the floor, i cannot see the vagineer apart from health particles
I have my multiplayer content set to allow all content, i have also tried running "record fix" and "stop"

^ Friend of mine. I wanted to add that he couldn't see CBS or Cave models either.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:33:23 pm »
Sounds like content failed to download for you. Can you check your tf/downloads folder to see if there's anything there? If content isn't downloading, you'll have to do some deeper inspection like running Charles to see if it's actually making the HTTP requests to download the content.

I'd also check the cl_downloadfilter convar to see if you're filtering out the downloads.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 03:41:58 pm »
So what I'm hearing is that Valve has apparently broken client downloads of custom models, so that's likely the issue at play here.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 04:08:34 pm »
Valve: Completely killing TF2 one asinine update at a time.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard