Author Topic: Removal of zone on trade_meincraft_shtupid?  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Removal of zone on trade_meincraft_shtupid?
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:52:29 pm »
In the music room, there's a zone that kills you if you enter it via dispenser room. I've talked with the map maker and he said that the buttons now have a panel that slides down when the music activates, so you can't repeat music. I personally check it out, and he was not lying. So if you can, could you remove the zone from that area? Thanks for your consideration.

Also, are we thinking about moderators on Trade Hell? I was suggesting they would have powers like a temp mute and a temp chat mute so that we don't have spammers and/or overplayers when someone's playing music. It would have to be someone who's a regular though.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Removal of zone on trade_meincraft_shtupid?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 04:18:59 pm »
Is this present on our current version of the map? Additionally, I don't think a "sliding panel" solves the issue. What if a shotgun's bullet spread hits multiple buttons at once?

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »
Is this present on our current version of the map? Additionally, I don't think a "sliding panel" solves the issue. What if a shotgun's bullet spread hits multiple buttons at once?
The zone is in the current version of the map, since entering the room where the dispensers are kills you with the message: "[Zones] You have been killed since the music room can be used for music spamming." Also, I tried out your theory on the sliding panel. I got a Scattergun and hit 2 buttons at once. Only one song played when I shot both of them. I have a demo if you want proof.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 05:07:16 pm »
The zone is in the current version of the map, since entering the room where the dispensers are kills you with the message: "[Zones] You have been killed since the music room can be used for music spamming." Also, I tried out your theory on the sliding panel. I got a Scattergun and hit 2 buttons at once. Only one song played when I shot both of them. I have a demo if you want proof.

I meant the sliding panel being present in our current version, as I placed the zone in response to testing the music room.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »
I meant the sliding panel being present in our current version, as I placed the zone in response to testing the music room.
Yes, it's in our current version. I tested it out on trade_meincraft_shtupid_v2, since that's the only meincraft_shtupid map that I have downloaded, and the mapmaker removed v1 from gamebanana.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 05:36:27 pm »
I managed to make multiple sounds play with my shotgun, so I don't consider the sliding panels a good enough solution to that problem.

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 03:48:03 pm »
>.<
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:44:05 pm by h_twenty »
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.