Author Topic: 24/7 Manor/Redstone/Hotel/Cargo/Kakariko Hell  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Marshii

Re: 24/7 Manor/Redstone/Hotel/Cargo/Kakariko Hell
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 11:12:31 am »
*resurrects thread*

I have to say I don't mind Kaka - in fact it is a very interesting map for both hunters and hiders. Hunters because if you've fond a prop that refuses to stay still you can have good fun chasing it around the rooftops as there are enough health/ammo packs to keep you going.
For the hiders, once you start running it is incredibly fun as anyone who has ever spectated me probably knows - you can duck and weave around the hedges and houses and can easily lose a tailer if you are clever in thinking about where the tail predicts you are going and change your path accordingly - psychology ftw! Probably one of the most fun times of running i have had is when sloth and a myriad of pyros were chasing me around the same couple of buildings but never getting close enough because they always took the wrong path allowing me to slip away :)

There are a couple of maps which I think are slightly obsolete in that no-one likes to play them but that would be off topic for this thread.
Finally, due to the change in rotation timings etc I don't think you can say there is an overplayed map anymore because there is enough time in between visits to make the maps still seem 'different' to the more recently played ones.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 12:26:38 pm »
*resurrects thread*

I have to say I don't mind Kaka - in fact it is a very interesting map for both hunters and hiders. Hunters because if you've fond a prop that refuses to stay still you can have good fun chasing it around the rooftops as there are enough health/ammo packs to keep you going.
For the hiders, once you start running it is incredibly fun as anyone who has ever spectated me probably knows - you can duck and weave around the hedges and houses and can easily lose a tailer if you are clever in thinking about where the tail predicts you are going and change your path accordingly - psychology ftw! Probably one of the most fun times of running i have had is when sloth and a myriad of pyros were chasing me around the same couple of buildings but never getting close enough because they always took the wrong path allowing me to slip away :)

There are a couple of maps which I think are slightly obsolete in that no-one likes to play them but that would be off topic for this thread.
Finally, due to the change in rotation timings etc I don't think you can say there is an overplayed map anymore because there is enough time in between visits to make the maps still seem 'different' to the more recently played ones.

I actually really like Kakariko too, if not only because I get all the kills, but running is fun too. My only complaint was that it was getting played every 2.5 hours like clockwork. It seems to happen every time a new map is added and we simply had a bunch of new ones at once.

I would agree that there are a few obsolete maps but we might disagree on which ones they are. :P

Also, did the rotation time actually get changed?

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:54 pm »
when I play on a map, I prefer to rest back for a bit while I'm hiding, instead of running for like, what, 4-5 mins?
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:47:37 pm »
I agree with Eskimo, as a prop in Kakariko you're essentially guaranteed to be found, and not everyone enjoys having to run around the whole round.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »
There are a couple of places I have found which tend to go unchecked but as you say, that's only a couple and usually they are checked eventually.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 03:01:45 pm »
That time limit fucking kills me. I can run around for 5 minutes if need be, but just make it end already. Again, reason why this was removed from a lot of other servers.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 03:30:15 pm »
I do agree, the time limit is a bit excessive, especially since it is an open map with few places people won't look. Being the last within the first minute or two? Almost guaranteed to be killed. Fun to run on, but doing it for so long isn't.

If it is possible to change the round time, what would you guys say? 3 minutes good?

Offline Marshii

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
3 minutes should be ample, 2:30 if tons of regulars are on and that's if someone us using an inventive spot.