Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 193318 times)

Offline ChaosStarlight

Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2015, 12:21:23 am »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/182730

Derelict has been updated also.
~Chaos Starlight~

~Avid Deathrunner and Freak Fortress player~

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2015, 02:47:37 am »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/182730

Derelict has been updated also.

I suggest this doesn't get added as the guy made the map longer, and harder than before.
Also I don't think Crytnecrodancer_v4 and supermario64_v6 were added to the map rotation on the server

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #527 on: March 24, 2015, 03:09:00 pm »
vsh_dr_cryptnecrodancer_v4 is in rotation, but somehow vsh_dr_supermario64_v6a got missed. I've fixed that now, sorry.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
dr_cryptnecrodancer_v6
« Reply #528 on: April 05, 2015, 08:38:31 pm »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/184894
cryptnecrodancer updated

Offline Whitepaw

• Full Admin
Re: dr_cryptnecrodancer_v6
« Reply #529 on: April 05, 2015, 09:01:59 pm »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/184894
cryptnecrodancer updated

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I actually knew all of this because I had contacted him about the timer on color game.

Offline 342down

• Budum tshhh.
« Reply #530 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:52 am »
(Assuming this is the right place to be posting this; I'm used to the game mode, not the forums. :P)
I think the removal of Forice (vsh_dr_forice_b6) should be taken into consideration.

From my personal experience, I can say the map is terrible. Some reasons?
-Terrible appearance. (Essentially nothing but squarish rooms with squarish features, with the squarish hallway connecting the two; also, textures are extremely simplistic, the motivator is basically stolen from Area 51, and I know at least that pumpkin trap is somewhat a near duplicate of the pumpkin trap on Office, albeit with much less effort put into it.)
-Assuming the Hale knows how to aim at a button about the size of a LVL 1 sentry, and there is no freerun, the Hale can win every time with ease. (There are plenty of traps you basically can't trick the Hale into activating, such as the humongous dropping floor, the pumpkin trap which gets you even if you're not standing on the floor (and above it instead), and that exploding hallway between the two traps which kills you even if you're not directly inside.)
--Adding onto this, there are three door traps, one of which even has three doors! This adds an unenjoyable difficulty to the map as four players (or more) could easily be lost simply in the process of guessing doors, leaving the team 4 (or more) players down on the rest of the ridiculous traps on the map. Also, just a note: people always take forever at these doors and the chance of the motivator killing the hesitant players is quite high.
-The map is painfully long. I never bothered counting how many traps there are in all, but it takes a while to get through even WITHOUT the traps, and with the traps, the team basically hesitates to death.

Anyway, enough with my own opinions. From what I've seen on the map, it seems that at least a quarter of the team rtvs almost immediately, if not more, sometimes pleading for the rest to do the same and getting most of the people needed to rtv and then sitting there waiting for the last few needed votes. Many more have complained about the same thing I have from what I have seen, especially the door traps. I know I have seen people switch to spectator or leave so they don't have to waste their turn as Hale, and some others simply leave the server because they can't stand the map and/or are bored out of their minds.

Anyway, I don't want to make this wall of text any larger, and I figure I've gotten my point across, so I'll shush and hope Voidy removes this.

Thanks for reading. :3
Some memes for your copy-and-pasting pleasure:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)    ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) (    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)    ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)    ( ͡ ͡° ͡°  ʖ ͡° ͡°)
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)    (ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ)    [ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°]
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ    ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)    { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•}    ( ͡° ͜V ͡°)
( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)    ( ‾ʖ̫‾)    ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )    ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #531 on: April 07, 2015, 05:02:43 pm »
Updated vsh_dr_cryptnecrodancer_v4 to vsh_dr_cryptnecrodancer_v6.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #532 on: April 07, 2015, 08:35:53 pm »
wall of text dr_forice
I'm with you here, I really hate that map and I think it should be removed

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
New Map dr_hourglass
« Reply #533 on: April 07, 2015, 08:37:52 pm »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/185345
by the maker of bank, an earlier project by him, resurrected and brung back from the dead.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #534 on: April 07, 2015, 08:42:20 pm »
by the maker of bank, an earlier project by him, resurrected and brung back from the dead.

Tested it a few hours ago. Couldn't get my client to not crash so I'm not sure what to say about it.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #535 on: April 09, 2015, 10:18:57 pm »
(Assuming this is the right place to be posting this; I'm used to the game mode, not the forums. :P)
I think the removal of Forice (vsh_dr_forice_b6) should be taken into consideration.

From my personal experience, I can say the map is terrible. Some reasons?
-Terrible appearance. (Essentially nothing but squarish rooms with squarish features, with the squarish hallway connecting the two; also, textures are extremely simplistic, the motivator is basically stolen from Area 51, and I know at least that pumpkin trap is somewhat a near duplicate of the pumpkin trap on Office, albeit with much less effort put into it.)
-Assuming the Hale knows how to aim at a button about the size of a LVL 1 sentry, and there is no freerun, the Hale can win every time with ease. (There are plenty of traps you basically can't trick the Hale into activating, such as the humongous dropping floor, the pumpkin trap which gets you even if you're not standing on the floor (and above it instead), and that exploding hallway between the two traps which kills you even if you're not directly inside.)
--Adding onto this, there are three door traps, one of which even has three doors! This adds an unenjoyable difficulty to the map as four players (or more) could easily be lost simply in the process of guessing doors, leaving the team 4 (or more) players down on the rest of the ridiculous traps on the map. Also, just a note: people always take forever at these doors and the chance of the motivator killing the hesitant players is quite high.
-The map is painfully long. I never bothered counting how many traps there are in all, but it takes a while to get through even WITHOUT the traps, and with the traps, the team basically hesitates to death.

Anyway, enough with my own opinions. From what I've seen on the map, it seems that at least a quarter of the team rtvs almost immediately, if not more, sometimes pleading for the rest to do the same and getting most of the people needed to rtv and then sitting there waiting for the last few needed votes. Many more have complained about the same thing I have from what I have seen, especially the door traps. I know I have seen people switch to spectator or leave so they don't have to waste their turn as Hale, and some others simply leave the server because they can't stand the map and/or are bored out of their minds.

Anyway, I don't want to make this wall of text any larger, and I figure I've gotten my point across, so I'll shush and hope Voidy removes this.

Thanks for reading. :3

The map ratings for deathrun don't put dr_forice all that far down in the rankings. I think perhaps a poll would be a better way to gauge interest in removing the map. Feel free to make a new thread for the poll and ask DR regulars to vote and we can go from there.

Offline Werewolf

• GmodTech Admin + Mapper
« Reply #536 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:50 pm »
Just an FYI for you - DR_Bank has been updated to V3 - http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/182962

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #537 on: May 31, 2015, 09:53:25 pm »
Added vsh_dr_psykopat to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #538 on: June 25, 2015, 08:26:41 pm »
Added the following maps to rotation:

vsh_dr_aufgeben_v2
vsh_dr_hallway_beta

Offline dixondoorman

• Licensed Doorman
« Reply #539 on: July 01, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »

DR_Hourglass has been updated.
Hopefully it should resolve the crashing issue.
I'm blue, da-ba dee...