Author Topic: OP Weapons/ suggested weapon changes.  (Read 72320 times)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
OP Weapons/ suggested weapon changes.
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:46 pm »
Please Note: I do not know prior to this if any of the Saxton Hell admins can actually change the Prophunt loadout settings, as, to my knowledge, they did not create the mod itself.

It's come to my attention that a few of the new weapons along with an old weapon are very cheap/annoying for Prophunt.

Reserve Shooter
Suggestion - Take it out
Reason - When props run away, they jump a lot. The Reserve Shooter already gets mini-crits on them as they jump, and has an extra shot compared to the normal shotgun.

Beggar's Bazooka
Suggestion - Take it out
Reason - It take 2-3 rockets to kill a scout, and fires extremely fast while the 3 rockets can be preloaded into the chamber.

Rainblower
Suggestion - Nerf Self-Damage
Reason - Yes, the taunt is able to kill, and yes, it can be spammed, but aside it's just a reskin.

Thanks for considering these for change, and feel free to comment/suggest more changes (if they can be implemented).

~Glaceon

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
Re: OP Weapons/ suggested weapon changes.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:29 pm »
>and has an extra shot compared to the normal shotgun.
It has 7 shots in PH?

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »
Prophunt Hell it only has 3 shots per clip.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »
>and has an extra shot compared to the normal shotgun.
It has 7 shots in PH?

regular shotgun is nerfed to two shots in PH, reserve shooter has 3 for some odd reason

I agree about the bazooka and the reserve shooter for sure, and it would be nice if the rainblower's self damage was lowered to the normal rate of the vanilla flamethrower.

I feel like bottom line it's almost impossible to "balance" this game from a red vs blue standpoint, since props cannot shoot until there is only one left. The real "balance" to maintain is on blue team only for the most part, since people with the more powerful weapons get more kills. The other day when the item server went down everyone had to play vanilla pyro and there was a much more even distribution of points throughout blue team. So its about not letting one hunter get an unfair advantage over the other hunters through the use of ridiculous weapons (a la Beggar's Bazooka, 2 rockets = instadeath).

All that being said, these are only minor grievances and since prophunt is a mostly casual game no one's really raging about this. It would just be nice for those of us who frequent the server more often if these changes were considered.

I just hope no one gets their jimmies rustled over it, especially the people who care so much about the rankings system over at gamingmasters.co.uk

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:09 pm »
Prophunt exposes a config file that lets us change weapon damage around, so balancing is a definite possibility.

I'll see what I can do given all these suggestions.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:47:31 am »
Thanks Voided!
I really hope more people start posting here, I'd like to hear more opinions.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 03:25:11 am »
I suggest learning to cope with the mod the way it is. This discussion has been brought up many times over at Gaming Masters, and dealt with accordingly. The creators have felt that the Reserve Shooter is fine the way it is, and there are plenty of other factors to help balance out the mod.

Given the load of new weapons from the Pyro update, I'm sure there will be some additions to the nerf/remove list, however given that this mod is kinda dead I wouldn't hold your breath on anything immediate. PH has been around for a long time, so my tip is to learn and become better.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 10:22:39 pm »
Box does bring up a good point. If everyone has access to the same weapons, then you could assume its fair to everyone. Something to take note of, however, is that there are server specific settings that can be changed by the admins, including weapon bans/nerfs/etc. The guy who made the prophunt mod wrote it that way for a reason, so that admins could alter settings on their server with discretion. I saw one not too long ago that had sniper rifles, spies and medigun medics. It was not a ranked server, though.

I'm not saying we should remove the reserve shooter, by any means. but all you have to do is spend about 5 minutes in Prophunt Hell to hear people complaining about it. what's important is how we treat the contempt for it, you know? Should we fix it so its easier for the people complaining, or should we leave it the way it is and tell them to deal with it? Does it come down to what the community wants as a whole, or is it solely the admins decision? Like voided said the configuration for the server allows for the specific removal of certain weapons and other things, so it's something to think and discuss about.

a good example of a weapon that has compatibility issues with prophunt is the new bazooka. one charged shot of two rockets instantly kills a scout. Imagine if everyone on blue went soldier and used this weapon. The gameplay would cease to be enjoyable. Obviously its a hypothetical situation and that will never happen, but it is analogous on a smaller scale.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:28:01 pm by bombs »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »
For now I've disabled the Beggar's Bazooka and I believe I've made the rainblower do normal self damage.

Given the controversial nature of the reserve shooter, I've left it alone for now.

The one question I have is: If the reserve shooter is so powerful, is there any reason a player would choose the regular shotgun over it?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:19:54 pm by VoiDeD »

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 09:27:44 pm »
The only reason I see someone not using the Reserve Shooter is when they don't have it themselves. When comparing the Reserve Shooter to the default shotgun for use in prophunt, there are no downsides. The Shooter mini crits when a target is in midair -- a constant escaping attribute in prophunt --  and has an extra bullet per clip when compared to the stock weapon.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 03:20:46 am »
Yeah I'm not sure about the reserve shooter. Seems like a direct upgrade to me.

In other news though, someone on AlliedModders posted a prophunt config with the following changes:

-Pomson 6000 added with normal shotgun settings.
-Phlogistinator added with normal flamethrower settings.
-Beggar's Bazooka added with normal rocket launcher settings.
-Lollichop added with the normal fire axe's settings.
-Rainblower added with normal flamethrower settings.
-Cleaner's Carbine disabled.
-Hitman's Heatmaker disabled.
-Festive weapons added with proper weapon restrictions in place.
-Newer weapons not mentioned above has been added but with no changes other than being listed.

What are everyone's opinions with merging this config into ours? I'm hesitant to make any drastic changes since we are running an official ranked version, and I'd rather get everyone's input first.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 05:43:10 pm »
I agree with those settings except with the Bazooka. Sure, normal rocket damage would be nice, but it can shoot 3 in a quick burst. Still seems a little unbalanced but it could always be tested with how it plays out.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 08:56:39 pm »
i like all those except the bazooka

youre the best voided

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »
I highly suggest sticking to whatever is set by GM so that this server doesn't turn out to be the giant pile of shit that is SourceOP.com's prophunt. If you have to toil at all I'd suggest it would be for removing the new weapons which have yet to be reviewed by GM. If people have a problem say with Reserve Shooter, keep in mind it was already voted upon/dealt with accordingly months and months ago. Don't upset the habitat of the mod otherwise.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 12:11:23 am »
I suppose I'll leave it as-is for now. I do like the idea of keeping the mod how it was originally made rather than mess with how it affect ranked game play. If there are any specific weapons you guys would like me to remove, I'd be happy to do that.