Author Topic: Pyro Flamethrower rebalances  (Read 13506 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Pyro Flamethrower rebalances
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »
It'd be pointless to grant credit to Pyros for airblasting as people would just join as a Pyro and consistently airblast Hale (while not doing damage to him) and then earn points.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Bloodbath

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 07:29:54 am »
Pyro is great as it is. While it can easily be said that pyro is a support type class i believe its damage out put is way above what a normal person can get if done right.

The puff and sting combo I use with the shotgun is pretty simple to do and does the most constant damage, but does tend to piss off hales to the point of them raging.

Then the flare jump coupled with the air blast jump makes it easier to get away while greatly increasing the chance of getting a goomba. This attribute is lost to most other classes that don't have an easy way of getting into the air.

Plus on top of those ways to play pyro you can use the powerjack to gain an overheal buff that will make you survive a hit from hale which is a big deal in case you fuck up a combo.

Taking in account the already in place ways of getting massive damage it would (IMO) make pyro way too powerful if it got a buff.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:03 am »
Unless you can consistently goomba anyone, pyro does the least ammount of damage and gets the least ammount of points.  The main use is the airblast and save teammates like engineers and medics.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Bloodbath

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »
Unless you can consistently goomba anyone, pyro does the least ammount of damage and gets the least ammount of points.  The main use is the airblast and save teammates like engineers and medics.

This is highly incorrect. I can average 2k damage from using the shotgun by itself and usually get 4k-6k easily with the puff and sting combo unless raged (I get raged a lot prob 70% of the time). Its not the fault of the class its the user. Buffing a class just to make it easier for people that don't know what the fuck they are doing is a horrible idea.

The averages of damage and points for normal pyros is usually low not because the class is bad, but because literally all they do is constantly air blast while doing nothing to actually cause damage. This is why most people will rage a pyro because they have a bad rap of just being annoying and useless.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »
only fags who cant get goomba's use shotguns

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 05:01:46 pm »

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:14 pm »

Pretty much this

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:15 pm »

Offline Bloodbath

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 10:28:09 pm »

You don't even play on the normal saxton server your argument is invalid.

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 11:49:49 pm »

FF2 is pretty much the same as VSH as far as weapon stats go. In fact, the only real differences between VSH and FF2 are: More (~50) horribly unbalanced bosses to pick from, the server crashes on a regular basis, and its full of annoying children. And while the way he stated it was a bit rude (albeit normal coming from him) he has a point, goomba pyro does a lot more damage than shotgun pyro. All that aside, pyro in VSH is a support class. I don't get why people want a damage buff for a class that is already OP when used correctly (besides for e-peen of course).

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 01:57:20 am »

Some casual talk right there

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 08:23:24 am »
Lul, I rarely go on vsh cause I rather be in ff2 or csgo