Poll

Is a person using a suicide/explode find before you can flame them griefing?

Yes
6 (35.3%)
No
11 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Suicide/Explode Binds.  (Read 10140 times)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
Suicide/Explode Binds.
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:01 pm »
It's more then likely happened to you before, you see a prop and are approaching flaming distance when they hit a suicide/explode bind and take a hard earned kill away from you.

Is this griefing?

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: Suicide/Explode Binds.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:51:54 pm »
Believe me when I say this happens to me more than anybody I've played with. Its a dick move, but getting the "World" kill in before they can do it is even more rewarding. If they wanna end the round sooner so that my team wins, I won't stop them. Also, if they wanna limit the number or props left before I have a chance to get my scatter gun, I won't complain either.

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:14:42 pm »
Getting upset at a person on the other team for killing themselves doesn't seem ethical to me

Offline Marshii

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:55:15 pm »
This has happened to me a few times, mostly by those regulars who care more about the green numbers that gradually accumilate more than the thrill of the chase - this is what annoys me about it - I can cope with one less kill 'n' all but once i've spent time running toward them its as you say box; a dick move.

I think the problem is simple laziness - It's only griefing if you let it get to you in my opinion as in the end it helps you out. I must say I was surprised when Joshy did it, in fact I welcomed it as I wouldn't have to chase him.

I think though for the case of balance and fairness for new players it can be classed as mild griefing.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:47 pm »
It only annoys me if its my first kill and they suicide before i get the speed boost.  Especially as a soldier who walks slow as fuck.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:08 am »
Everyone just started copying Joshy when he did it because if u can learn english, u'd beable to read what I said
It's quite annoying because it either gives me less green numbers, or them less green numbers if they can run at all decently.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:54 pm »
I'm just going to say that while, yes, it is frustrating to not get that kill on someone, is it also not frustrating to have an important path blocked blocked by a despencer even more frustrating? If placing depencers in such locations is still not considered griefing, I can hardly call killing oneself griefing.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 04:56:26 pm »
I'm just going to say that while, yes, it is frustrating to not get that kill on someone, is it also not frustrating to have an important path blocked blocked by a despencer even more frustrating? If placing depencers in such locations is still not considered griefing, I can hardly call killing oneself griefing.

Well to be fair the engie can't jump like the other classes and has pretty weak damage at long range.  The dispenser is part of his gameplay and isn't griefing no matter where it is, despite if it is annoying to props.

Kill binds however aren't an intended gameplay mechanic at all.

But like I said, I don't really mind.  But then again I couldn't care less abouts points or anything in prophunt.  That speed boost denial is a dick move though lol.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »
Well to be fair the engie can't jump like the other classes and has pretty weak damage at long range.  The dispenser is part of his gameplay and isn't griefing no matter where it is, despite if it is annoying to props.

Kill binds however aren't an intended gameplay mechanic at all.

Well to be fair, doing something "creative" with your dispenser and yourself to block one or both of the doors in an enclosed control point is about as fair to the other team as me hiding under the map, and we all know how you guys liked that despite only one spot being against the rules.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 10:14:00 pm »
Well to be fair, doing something "creative" with your dispenser and yourself to block one or both of the doors in an enclosed control point is about as fair to the other team as me hiding under the map, and we all know how you guys liked that despite only one spot being against the rules.

So being strategic as a certain class isn't "fair" now and is synonymous with glitching under a map?

Someone actually got mad at me for blocking a door as an engie earlier on Brawl.  I honestly don't understand that.  There isn't a cp point that only has 1 way in/out so you can't completely block one off.  Also dispenser placement for an engie is like rocket jumping as a soldier, it is part of the gameplay...do you think it's unfair for soldiers to jump more than 3 feet?  Do you think it's unfair to be able to flare someone from across a map or flamejump?

I get the impression people just want engies to run around in circles singing show tunes all round.  Anything else seems to attract anger like shit attracts flies.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:13 pm »
Here we go with another whining thread. Has suiciding in the game been a huge problem that I've not really seen when I play in SH? It happens once in awhile maybe, but its never occurred to me to bring it up and demand yet another aspect of playing a multiplayer game be altered.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 08:51:46 am »
Here we go with another whining thread. Has suiciding in the game been a huge problem that I've not really seen when I play in SH? It happens once in awhile maybe, but its never occurred to me to bring it up and demand yet another aspect of playing a multiplayer game be altered.

You realize the thread was started by an admin who was asking if we considered it griefing, and almost everyone said they didn't mind it.  Also, you were the first to respond to it and called it, and I quote..." a dick move."  lol

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »
best thread 2013
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 02:02:00 pm »
Also, you were the first to respond to it and called it, and I quote..." a dick move."  lol

Called it a "dick move" but that I also didn't care, which was the first point and most important point. Hence why I voted "No."

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 02:17:53 pm »
So being strategic as a certain class isn't "fair" now and is synonymous with glitching under a map?

Someone actually got mad at me for blocking a door as an engie earlier on Brawl.  I honestly don't understand that.  There isn't a cp point that only has 1 way in/out so you can't completely block one off.  Also dispenser placement for an engie is like rocket jumping as a soldier, it is part of the gameplay...do you think it's unfair for soldiers to jump more than 3 feet?  Do you think it's unfair to be able to flare someone from across a map or flamejump?

I get the impression people just want engies to run around in circles singing show tunes all round.  Anything else seems to attract anger like shit attracts flies.

I don't care if you block doors, as long as there's still a way to get out of the room you blocked. Also, I don't glitch out of maps, I jump strategically. Let your bias go..