Author Topic: Getting banned for griefing  (Read 9483 times)

Offline Le Joshyboy

Getting banned for griefing
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »
Well i got banned for griefing..
Glaceon banned me  for jumping towards a players hiding position while on fire, attempting to get them caught. You even continued after being asked to stop. My and my friend have discussed this and thinks its apart of the game to be running around and getting pyros on other people making you survive/be the last prop standing. E.g - Running around i see a giant bigass woodpile i run over to him and pyro's notice him/kill him im last alive.
Most people on ph will use the technique in this gamemode.
It has been used since the start of prophunt.

Offline arnuilmees

• Full Admin
  • Howdy
Re: Getting banned for griefing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »
You're ruining others gameplay by getting them killed, it's very rude and unnecessary. It's also very unlikely that you'll be unbanned early if you haven't been already. Just wait out a week and you can come back, and do not repeat your actions and this will not be an issue again.

Offline Le Joshyboy

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:23:09 pm »
How am i being rude? im playing a normal game of prophunt if they don't like me running around the map they can get out the way and start getting dodging skill.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
Hi Joshy, as you have protested your ban through our bans site, I'll soon be reviewing the evidence for your ban, so any posts on our forums regarding this issue are unnecessary. Any communication regarding the outcome will be provided via email, same as any other protest dialog.

Additionally, as arnuilmees is unfamiliar with the conditions surrounding the ban, please ignore his posts for the time being.

Offline Le Joshyboy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:58:49 pm »
I've emailed you guys you haven't replied.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 05:20:52 pm »
Email is not instant messaging, the process takes time. That said, Glaceon did initially respond to your protest.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »
I gotta say, even though Josh is pretty retarded he is 100% right. This is even a Box signature move, though everybody I've ever played with (the core group of ph vets like Enigma, Shineix, Streusel, Hawk, Dr Pinkerdroit, Gunner, etc etc etc) have done this as well. Sometimes you're one of 2 props left, and if you're on fire then its better to get the other guy killed so that you stop the health loss/extinguish yourself and get your scattergun back.

I think any upset should simply be countered with being ready. If you see somebody on fire charging right at you, hell you better be ready to move! Even if the dude isn't on fire but has a gang coming after him you should at least be alert. When you're trying to escape, its unrealistic to expect you don't run by/into other props. Nobody is that courteous and its just a part of the game.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »
When you're trying to escape, its unrealistic to expect you don't run by/into other props. Nobody is that courteous and its just a part of the game.

It's understandable if you're simply running past a prop because you're unaware there's someone there. The line would be drawn at malicious intent. Running to the location of another prop purposefully to get them caught is the same regardless of if there's 2 props left, or 15 props left: it's greifing, and it will get you banned.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 07:00:07 pm »
Well I guess this will be the first out of 7 servers that will actually uphold that as griefing, but to each their own.

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 02:03:59 am »
I don't know if another person putting in their word will change any decisions, but I would have to agree with joshy as well in that it's something that has always happened and with box in that the props should be aware of what's going on around them and if that means having to run because a flaming prop is leading the hunters right towards them, then they should learn to be ready. Goodness knows I've had box run by me and get the hunters to branch off towards me plenty of times, it's a legitimate strategy for getting them off your tail. I think maybe it's being noticed with joshy because he has had a few problems before, and now he is under extra scrutiny.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 03:02:43 pm »
Sorry to bring this up/beating a dead horse, but this is from the Dodgeball thread:

I've played DB pretty much since voogru created it, and I've always felt that airblasting is just part of the game. It adds the additional challenge of airblasting while you're airstrafing around.

as much as it is a douche move it is arguably part of the game.

Likewise a lot of us have been playing since 2009 or 2010 and we've argued the same thing: sort of a dick move, but part of the game.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:08:51 pm »
It's similar, but there are still a few differences.

In DB, if someone airblasts you, you always have the option of airblasting back. There is also the chance that while someone is airblasting you, a rocket decides to target that player. So there's sometimes a satisfying end to the player that's causing a pain.

I can't really think of any analogues to this in prophunt. You'll just always feel betrayed, and you'll feel even worse if some player is constantly jumping in your spot, round after round.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »
Well, believe me that I have the reputation for being an "abusive" airblaster in DB. While the opposing player does have the option to blast back, there's certainly methods to juggling/airblasting/keeping them from ever blasting you back. I should know. ;) I guess you could always rat out the same prop in another round - its what I've done before.

I don't intend to keep this thread going but just wanted to throw that prior comparison out.

Offline Le Joshyboy

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 02:35:11 pm »
Hipster glaceon is "Griefing" By running into palyers while on fire and getting them caught.
He was going up a tree i went to flame.. went next to taterpro and get him killed.
I Believe this is "Griefing" I got banned for it.. he should to.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 02:36:47 pm »
Without proof, there's really nothing that can be done.