Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 115318 times)

Offline Killingyouguy!!

• AKA: Master Shake
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »
What do you mean "harder to activate"

^ This. And also what do you mean exactly by "abusing the control points."  All we are saying is that it unbalances the map, which it does.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2014, 06:45:59 pm »
The reason I left in 3cp's was because I wanted to try something different

If it's not broke, don't "fix" it.

The one thing that you're overlooking is that the people giving these suggestions have played WAY more prophunt than you and are WAY more experienced in how the game works.

Just to be completely blunt and say it,

If you don't take the recommendations seriously from people who are WAY more experienced in prophunt than you, your map is NOT going to last.

Sure, you want to try 3 CPs on prophunt. Don't. It's not broken, don't "fix" it.

The only thing that leaving 3 CPs on the map tells us is that you're too lazy to delete the extra CPs and want to call it a "feature" that we may eventually remove ourself IF the map is even kept in rotation.

You may like to just copy a cp map exactly, throw a few more props in it, then call it a prophunt map. This does NOT make a good map.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2014, 06:50:58 pm »
You may like to just copy a cp map exactly, throw a few more props in it, then call it a prophunt map. This does NOT make a good map.

It CAN make a good map. People haven't killed me over my maps yet have they? =P

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »
If it's not broke, don't "fix" it.

The one thing that you're overlooking is that the people giving these suggestions have played WAY more prophunt than you and are WAY more experienced in how the game works.

Just to be completely blunt and say it,

If you don't take the recommendations seriously from people who are WAY more experienced in prophunt than you, your map is NOT going to last.

Sure, you want to try 3 CPs on prophunt. Don't. It's not broken, don't "fix" it.

The only thing that leaving 3 CPs on the map tells us is that you're too lazy to delete the extra CPs and want to call it a "feature" that we may eventually remove ourself IF the map is even kept in rotation.

I didn't try to fix anything by leaving in the 3 cps. I wanted to try include some gameplay changes.
Uh, no it doesn't, I can easily delete the cp's, i choose not to as i want the 3 cp's in, I haven't seen them make gameplay worse, so I'm not changing them until I see such thing happen. Also if you edit it. And that's pretty much how prophunt edits are made so I don't see how that description makes my edit a bad map. Examples: Ph_sawmill Ph_manor_event ph_manorgrounds, old ph_grassland, ect.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2014, 07:49:58 pm »
I didn't try to fix anything by leaving in the 3 cps. I wanted to try include some gameplay changes.
Uh, no it doesn't, I can easily delete the cp's, i choose not to as i want the 3 cp's in, I haven't seen them make gameplay worse, so I'm not changing them until I see such thing happen. Also if you edit it. And that's pretty much how prophunt edits are made so I don't see how that description makes my edit a bad map. Examples: Ph_sawmill Ph_manor_event ph_manorgrounds, old ph_grassland, ect.

You haven't seen them make the gameplay worse because you barely ever play ph. The maps that you listed have at least one thing in common contributing to their success. They only have one CP/

Something that you're clearly not getting from all of this is that experienced prophunt players are giving you suggestions on how to make your map better, and you're complaining about them and throwing it back in their faces.

If you want your edit of a map to survive just like all the good maps, take the suggestions you are getting and actually implement them instead doing what just you want.

Prophunt maps are supposed to be barebones arena maps, and as far as I know all arena maps have one control point.

There is no good reason to have more than one control point in a prophunt map. If multiple, experienced prophunt players have told you that it is not a good idea, it's very likely not a good idea. This post is to help you see that if you are going to make a map for a gamemode, either know that gamemode and how it works or get someone who knows it to help you with the process if you want your edited version of the map to be played and survive.

I'm actually relatively open minded about what v3 will bring. Just as a suggestion for music,
Gobi's Valley
seems pretty fitting.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:44 pm »
cmon yall, shitty PH maps are nothin new...but then again "if it aint broke dont fix it" goes for all mod modifications that ppl here have done - the way rounds end, time on a map, etc and bad map edits are on the top of the list. Gunner fucked up devils canyon and canyon n other maps too

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:48 am »
Removed ph_grassland_v2 from the rotation.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2014, 03:11:17 pm »
Removed ph_grassland_v2 from the rotation.
shit fuck
people are way too picky

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2014, 10:32:29 pm »
Update to ph_campsite!

ph_campsite_a4

~Added "treehouses" due to requests for higher spots. Only added one section for now, will add another if it's requested.
~Hopefully fixed CP prop from being invisible underwater
~Hopefully also fixed water not dousing players
~Added section in teepee
~Made fence taller, may tweak it back down a bit, won't be as low as originally
~Moved Blu spawn back a bit, shouldn't be able to see out anymore
~Couple of props have been moved/added
~BONUS DUCKS!

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2014, 11:04:48 pm »
Updated ph_campsite_a3 to ph_campsite_a4.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2014, 01:20:15 am »
ph_campsite_a5

because I totally didn't forget to pakrat the map, nope

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #311 on: November 26, 2014, 01:22:26 am »
#FirstWorldMapperProblems

Updated ph_campsite_a4 to ph_campsite_a5.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #312 on: November 27, 2014, 06:11:57 pm »
Updated ph_headquarters_b3 to ph_redquarters_a6.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2014, 06:40:27 pm »
What happened w/headquarters? What changes were made to replace w/redquarters?

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2014, 09:47:45 pm »
It's the same exact map, but anything blue (the computers, chairs, walls, pretty much everything) was switched to red. I believe the original map maker intended to make the changes, but they never did, so someone else took it up.