Author Topic: The future of this server  (Read 8137 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
The future of this server
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:49:35 pm »
Alright well, I don't think the future of fortwar hell looks that great.

Since valve changed neutral ctf to be the special delivery gamemode (doomsday), it's made the game much harder to play as the intel needs to reset in order to be picked up.

This, coupled with the fact that the server isn't hugely popular like our other ones puts it in a bad place where some other kind of gamemode will replace it. I'll give it a few weeks to see if it becomes any more popular, and then we'll see what happens afterwards.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
Re: The future of this server
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:47:05 pm »
*prays to the voidy god for mario kart*
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:49:58 am »
It would be cool If we got another surf server, or maybe a jailbreak server, do they even have jailbreak on tf2?
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Infamous

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:26 am »
I actually really like this gamemode, I just find it becomes a pain when people who don't know how to build very well just start throwing random props in random spots. It's also quite annoying when people come in, go heavy, and then just rain destruction on the props with their mini-gun.

Offline Dangly Parts

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »
Though I do enjoy this game, and team mates now have a harder time destroying team props,  I do pray for a Mario server....  Maybe with donator God mode...
Till are quenched ~ Pepsi Convoy

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 05:10:55 am »
Though I do enjoy this game, and team mates now have a harder time destroying team props,  I do pray for a Mario server....  Maybe with donator God mode...

I don't think so, people on the trade server complain about god mode as it is, and another server with god mode would just make them mad.
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 05:00:53 pm »
I've fixed the intel being doomsday, it now behaves like the old fortwars neutral intel. Additionally I increased the slot limit to 28, that will take affect next server restart. I've also updated and added some maps and introduced instant respawns.

We'll see if these changes help any. The server is still ~sorta~ popular, so I'm not giving up on it just yet.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:06:43 pm by VoiDeD »

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »
Don't worry, Voidy. Your faithful Members h_twenty and I are thinking of ways to improve FW with our rage.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:15:07 am »
i like fortwars but its pretty low on the list for me, since i play a lot of prophunt, jump and vsh. i especially like spelling obscenities with barrels when people are just screwing around.

surf on the other hand...........

... i'd play that shit erry day

as long as its not no dang ol combat surf

:3