Poll

Should the map vsh_dr_hell_b6 be removed from the map rotation?

Yes, remove it from the rotation.
8 (61.5%)
No, keep it in the rotation.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 09, 2014, 11:20:26 am

Author Topic: vsh_dr_hell_b6  (Read 4660 times)

Offline 14grunt

• Floof.
vsh_dr_hell_b6
« on: January 26, 2014, 11:20:26 am »
Since nobody else appears to have done this (Edit: there was a poll like this done before, but it was a while back) I want to take a little poll here. Hell is considered by many to be the worst map on the deathrun servers. The map quality is very mediocre, it has that heavy red lighting, not very inspired level design, a lot of the trap lengths are ridiculous and it has little if any redeeming qualities about it, but hey, that's what I and a bit of other people think. A lot of people wish it to be removed from the map rotation, but I just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on the subject.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:44:35 am by 14grunt »

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Re: vsh_dr_hell_b6
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:21:06 pm »
Since nobody else appears to have done this (Edit: there was a poll like this done before, but it was a while back) I want to take a little poll here. Hell is considered by many to be the worst map on the deathrun servers. The map quality is very mediocre, it has that heavy red lighting, not very inspired level design, a lot of the trap lengths are ridiculous and it has little if any redeeming qualities about it, but hey, that's what I and a bit of other people think. A lot of people wish it to be removed from the map rotation, but I just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on the subject.

Edit: Who voted to keep it in rotation?!
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 02:29:56 pm »
Eh, rarely gets played and everyone seems to hate it.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:52:08 pm »
My only gripe with it is the shitty red filter.
Other then that it's a meh map.

Offline 14grunt

• Floof.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 06:02:27 pm »
So far, amazed as much people as there are voting no, but seriously what about this map is so good that is worth defending?

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 06:13:53 pm »
So far, amazed as much people as there are voting no, but seriously what about this map is so good that is worth defending?
Well, tbh, the server doesn't like that map only because of the red filter. If that were to be removed, then I'm pretty sure a lot more people would enjoy the map. I haven't heard complaints about the map layout, the traps, and/or the timer.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline 14grunt

• Floof.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 06:19:23 pm »
Well, tbh, the server doesn't like that map only because of the red filter. If that were to be removed, then I'm pretty sure a lot more people would enjoy the map. I haven't heard complaints about the map layout, the traps, and/or the timer.
I hate just about everything about that map, the red filter is actually lower on the list. That map is just so boring and doesn't look like it had any real effort put into it.

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:25:19 pm »
The red filter and large traps are common complaints that I get (To many deathrunners know me, ugh). It's overkill that weapons are even restricted to melee in that map (<--That's just my opinion)

I will state that I for one wish for the map to be removed.

I hate just about everything about that map, the red filter is actually lower on the list. That map is just so boring and doesn't look like it had any real effort put into it.

Whatever comes out in the end is what should be done weather we like it or not 14grunt.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 06:32:16 pm »
The only reason we strip players down to melee weapons is due to a lack of proper clip brushes on maps such that players are able to attack hale.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 06:49:36 pm »
I have no problem with the red lighting. And that's not the reason why people hate the map, they hat it cause of the TRAPS, only THREE of all the traps can be avoided by tricking hale. the rest is SACRIFICE, EVERY, SINGLE, TRAP, NEEDS TO BE SACRIFICED and it's NOT FUN. Even crappy hales can win in this map cause of the BS trap range. I do not enjoy this map at all due to the fact you cannot rush, you cannot trick hale and that it's a massive game of sacrifice.. I have seen people rtv the map within the first round twice now, it's that bad. The map is incredibly lazy, and the last section of the map makes me want to vomit with how poorly designed it is. Traps are bland and forced. It has a sacrifice door. IT IS AWFUL AND PAINFUL TO PLAY. WHY WOULD YOU VOTE TO KEEP IT.

WHY WOULD ANYONE LOVE THIS CRAP MAP.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:54:14 pm by 111112oo »

Offline DMG

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »
Get rid of it. Needs a lot of modifications imo to be worth it.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »
I'm really surprised that that many people voted to keep this shit map.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 12:27:29 am »
POLL IS OVER
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:05:47 am by 111112oo »

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 11:31:25 am »
Only 13 votes, huh? Is that enough to get rid of the map or are we keeping it?