Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 30061 times)

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 10:05:11 pm »
Map still leaks.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 02:22:35 am »
Ok, I see. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to just prop out the entire cross section of the place like you did. How then should I fix this? Any ideas?

Fundamentally, I think it's just a size issue. Making the rooms larger may help, but I can understand how it would be against the base design of the map.

Offline The_Hairy_Baboon

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2014, 10:44:56 am »
Ok, I see. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to just prop out the entire cross section of the place like you did. How then should I fix this? Any ideas?

Make a building height limit?  Set nobuild within 2-3 character height of the ceiling so you can at least jump up and over.

The other thing is, if you can't get through, neither can the enemy.  Of course if both sides have been griefed.....

Another Idea i had while jumping around the map was what if you made a side tunnel out from the back of each spawn room that comes around and spills into the neutral zone where you have your map by Cread Master words.  If the tunnel is made such that it's far enough away from the walls that it couldn't be blocked by teammate props, then you could always get to the opposing side's props, which can be destroyed faster.  Then all you have to do is make the area like a spawn, in that you can't bring the intel through.

Offline Dread Master

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 10:27:33 pm »
I will begin adding an access tunnel. Thank you for the suggestion.

Offline The_Hairy_Baboon

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »
fw_payload_v2_fix is not a good map at all for fw.

You can't build directly in the path of the cart, and the cart goes through props.  A team just has to destroy enough props before they can get proximate enough to move the cart.  It might be a better map if the cart started to move back the moment capture stops.

It makes it so that the team with the most money to spend wins by completely surrounding the path with dense packed wooden fences so it takes too long to destroy enough to advance the cart.  Most times a lot of money is spent by people without much chance of getting it back.

(additionally, rotating a wooden fence is nigh impossible, not sure if that's intentional or not)

Offline The_Hairy_Baboon

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 10:24:55 pm »
Dread, not to pile things onto your plate, but I think loca needs a few updates. 

1.  Right now snipers can hide on the upper ledge behind the colored spawn barrier and snipe without being seen.  I think it might be better to make that barrier see through, you can still avoid spawn camping, but then snipers have to play fair.

2.  It appears as though you can build inside spawn, at least right next to the upper ledge, making for a better sniping angle.  Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 04:14:43 pm »
Added fw_ravine_1 to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »
Removed fw_ravine_1 from rotation due to map author's request.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 09:17:11 am »
Readded fw_ravine_1 to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 12:10:26 am »
Added fw_ravine_2_a2 to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 01:53:52 pm »
Updated fw_ravine_1 to fw_ravine_1a.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2014, 12:13:21 am »
Updated fw_ravine_2_a2 to fw_ravine_2_a3.

Offline The_Hairy_Baboon

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:17 pm »
Updated fw_ravine_2_a2 to fw_ravine_2_a3.

jsut played it for a bit, here's my 2 cents

It's a bit large and filled with stuff, too many routes/places to guard when not a full server.

Additionally, it's very hard to come back and defend the last point, especially from spawn, you just can't get out of spawn quickly.  I'd suggest making it a much longer capture, or moving spawn closer to the last point.  Either that, or have the spawns open up onto the choke points more, that'd help for defense.  right now, once you cap the middle, it's fairly easy to avoid people and go for the final capture

I might also suggest doing some kind of coloring to help orient people, I sometimes feel a bit turned around at various points on the map. 

Offline ZenotoX

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 09:22:02 pm »
http://mechatheslag.net/gaming/Thread-FW-crosspath-a2

Hey, really nice meeting you on the server today. While the map I was talking about was _a2, _a3 seems to be the better updated one that stops the "endless game" issue it had. Let me know what you think!