Poll

Do you like the idea?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Upgrade Suggestions  (Read 5840 times)

Offline Natsuru98

Upgrade Suggestions
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:32:41 am »
1.Resistance 10% resistance on  Bullets , Fire , Bullets and crits . Can be max upgraded to the max of 30%  resis on each one and cost 10000 per upgrade

2. Prop Health : 5% Extra prop health. Can be upgraded to the max of 4 times l Cost 5000 per upgrade.

3. Max Props : Upgrade the max props you can 25 more props.l Cost 7500 and can be upgraded 4 times.

4. Prop Unlocks : Unlock Certain and different props that you wouldnt userally see l cost high amount of cash

5. Health Regen : (Ik its already added) Higher upgrade price to 10000 per upgrade.

Prices are high becuase it would make it more challangeing to reach that amount of cash instead of buying health regen for 1000$ cash which is about 1 win (If I remember correctly)

Thanks and I hope you all like it ^.^

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:45:06 am by Natsuru98 »

Offline The_Hairy_Baboon

Re: Upgrade Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 02:39:20 pm »
Saw your post in game.  I was thinking that ammo regen would be great.

health regen keeps me alive longer than i have ammo for which is often hard to find

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:31:26 pm »
Upgrades are iffy.

They need to be done carefully and subtly enough so that they don't make gameplay mechanics or make players overpowered.

A high cost for upgrades is also a bad idea, as it increases the barrier to entry for newer players which (when combined with strong upgrades) would make the game unbalanced.

Offline Natsuru98

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 05:22:24 pm »
Isnt challange fun tho?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:50:06 pm by Natsuru98 »

Offline Natsuru98

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:36:04 pm »
Upgrades are iffy.

They need to be done carefully and subtly enough so that they don't make gameplay mechanics or make players overpowered.

A high cost for upgrades is also a bad idea, as it increases the barrier to entry for newer players which (when combined with strong upgrades) would make the game unbalanced.

Also not im trying to fight you on anything but wouldnt high prices engorage the new players to stay longer so they can get stronger?
Challange is fun right? since every game has that?

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:13:43 pm »
Also not im trying to fight you on anything but wouldnt high prices engorage the new players to stay longer so they can get stronger?
Challange is fun right? since every game has that?
god forbid any casual games like minecraft or sims have actual challenge to them

also the "Upgrade prop amount" is weird because it tends to be glitchy from time to time, and sometimes the limit will just disappearintothinair
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline Natsuru98

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »
god forbid any casual games like minecraft or sims have actual challenge to them

also the "Upgrade prop amount" is weird because it tends to be glitchy from time to time, and sometimes the limit will just disappearintothinair

Minecraft and sims have the challange of clicking and pressing buttons! Those are 2 really hard games!

What do you mean the proplimit will disappear? That never happened to me? Do you mean the last minute when we can spawn as many props as we want?

If not that I dont understand when the prop limit will disappear.

Offline Natsuru98

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:38:32 pm »

But theres still a goal to get to on everygame out there , Includeing minecraft and whatever sims is.

Basicly It wouldnt be a game if we arnt trying to reach a certain goal right?

RIGHT?!? RIGHT!?! THE GOAL OF CLICKING?? GETTING THE MOST CLICKS?!? HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF THAT?!?!?

lol. Life these days... Amazeing

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 06:42:33 pm »
Do you mean the last minute when we can spawn as many props as we want?

Yes. This is not supposed to happen.
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline Natsuru98

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:15 pm »
Yes. This is not supposed to happen.

I always thought It gaven you time to use some props before the teams props were taken up.

I never thought that was a glitch. Aw well
Take that one off the list then ^.^

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 12:20:29 am »
That's not a glitch.

However there are technical limitations to changing the amount of props players can use.

Increasing the amount increases the bandwidth and processing required for the server, as well as possibly causing networking issues because the Source engine has difficulty transmitting large chunks of entities at once.

Offline Natsuru98

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 04:39:12 am »
That's not a glitch.

However there are technical limitations to changing the amount of props players can use.

Increasing the amount increases the bandwidth and processing required for the server, as well as possibly causing networking issues because the Source engine has difficulty transmitting large chunks of entities at once.

oh
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:42:14 am by Natsuru98 »

Offline The_Hairy_Baboon

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 08:22:17 pm »
could ammo regen be added to the health regen?  like 1% every x seconds (and accumulates percent until 1 unit could be added.  (i.e. 1% every 5 seconds would add 2 bullets to heavy every 5 seconds, but soldier would get only 1 rocket every 25 seconds (since 20 rockets max, 1 rocket is 5%))

I find myself struggling sometimes with ammo since my health regens fairly quickly (aided by black box as soldier, but even as demo), but I just completely run out of ammo half the time, and then struggle to find it on the map easily.