Author Topic: !myrank  (Read 4682 times)

Offline demonspork

• I AM A PANCAKE
!myrank
« on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:03 pm »
The !myrank/!rankme command is very sketchy. About half of the time it starts with "You have no rank" every time we go to a map ignoring any previous records but the other half of the time it pulls in the data as expected. The !top and !stats pages don't seem to be losing anything, it seems to be a per session issue with !myrank display of the stats.

Offline Ghost PGD

• Sydney Sleeper Sniper. Deal with it.
Re: !myrank
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:04:54 pm »

Offline demonspork

• I AM A PANCAKE
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:27:17 pm »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:41:48 pm »
The !myrank/!rankme command is very sketchy. About half of the time it starts with "You have no rank" every time we go to a map ignoring any previous records but the other half of the time it pulls in the data as expected. The !top and !stats pages don't seem to be losing anything, it seems to be a per session issue with !myrank display of the stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1Q7F23DxM#ws

It may be possible the plugin hasn't loaded your record yet or could be having an issue loading it. Does rejoining the server on map change and using !myrank work?

Offline demonspork

• I AM A PANCAKE
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:25:50 am »
This is systemic affecting random users, not just me. Sometimes when joining a map it loads the data, sometimes it doesn't. Like half the time when we go to champion it may load my stats into the !myrank and "new personal record" monitor thing, but the other half of the time it just starts out as a clean slate and my first reflect is personal reflect best. I see this with other users as well who sometimes assume the stats have been reset and I just direct them to the !top and !stats commands to see the up to date statistics because the !myrank is being flaky. Yes, disconnecting and reconnecting often fixes it.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:45:53 am by demonspork »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »
I've added some diagnostic output for when stats are being loaded. You should something like this when you connect:

[STATS] Loading your personal bests...
[STATS] Your personal best speed has been loaded!
[STATS] Loading your rank...
[STATS] Your personal rank has been loaded!

I think the cause may have been a timing race condition for players who load into the server quickly, and I've adjusted the plugin a little to correct for that. Let me know if any of that helps and the issue goes away.